Old Barbers in Sheffield, Harry Priestly [Wavy Davy]

3 hours ago, retep said:

Thanks Retep, I used to work for a company that was at the bottom of the hill on the left (Simpkim.Machin). Great photo, showing when the houses at Parkwood Springs were still there

Edited by St Petre
spell

Gorge Woods on Staniforth  Road S9 did the best short back and sides  not to long at the back plus he singed yor hair with flames 

Edited by raymondo1952
Wrong address it was Road
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2019 at 16:18, retep said:

There was a barbers top off Cambridge street called mc Donald’s  in 50s mrs mc cut mine I was a teddy boy at that time . Also one just off moor Gabriel’s you had to book barber called mr John I remember asking for tony Curtis style when I was a young teddy boy ,

BOZZIES at Handsworth he say what style do you want son then give you the short back n sides he only knew the one style

I went into my local barbers a while back and asked for a short back and sides and she had not a clue what I was on about. So I gave myself a basin cut.

On 25/04/2022 at 09:22, will.i.ams said:

BOZZIES at Handsworth he say what style do you want son then give you the short back n sides he only knew the one style

Does anyone know off barber who can do a proper job off cutting around ears and shape around them , as they all seem to just thin it now not shape it , 

Lew Burgin's at the top of the old Castle Market. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Lew Burgin's at the top of the old Castle Market. 

Is it still there ?

13 hours ago, St Petre said:

Is it still there ?

I don’t think it is there now , I used to go to him when I was a teddy boy he used to be up a ally up high street near. Dove and rainbow , thanks for trying ,