Major contribuition to road safety and reducing aggressive driving.

18 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

Say what you want, certainly in this country it, when it comes to German cars (and particularly Audis) it`s a fact none the less.

I often wonder if people who argue this particular point are actually driving on the same roads as the rest of us.

I'm with Justin on this, although in my experience it's usually BMW drivers that are the worst.

14 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'm with Justin on this, although in my experience it's usually BMW drivers that are the worst.

They used to be, but in my experience Audi drivers have usurped the crown

5 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

Naaah, you’re just more envious of Audis than BMWs now 😜

5 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

Thats because they can't afford the BMW they really want. (i drive a Skodas btw so i don't know what envy is)

Edited by willman

3 minutes ago, willman said:

Thats because they can't afford the BMW they really want. (i drive a Skodas btw so i don't know what envy is)

Audis are generally more expensive than BMWs? BMW definitely seems to attract those with misplaced superiority complexes in my experience (that's not to say all BMW drivers are like that, of course).

Of the two, I prefer Audis, but don't particularly like any models of either. I buy my cars based on looks and practicality and not which badge has been stuck on to it.

20 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So if you get in a BMW your driving changes?

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

So if you get in a BMW your driving changes?

No, see later post:

" (that's not to say all BMW drivers are like that, of course)."

They just seem to attract a certain "type" more than most cars.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No, see later post:

" (that's not to say all BMW drivers are like that, of course)."

They just seem to attract a certain "type" more than most cars.

I always figured that the brand of car people bought was more to do with what you get for your money versus how much money they have/are prepared to spend.

I'm not particularly old and I've owned (not counting cars in my wifes name), a Vauxhall, an Audi, 2 Fords, 2 BMWs, 1 Jaguar (very shortly to be 2).

If you plotted the graph of their cost you would see a quite clear pattern.  Also if you plotted performance that would follow a similar pattern.

I'm almost certainly a safer driver now than when I got my license 23 years ago though.

19 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I always figured that the brand of car people bought was more to do with what you get for your money versus how much money they have/are prepared to spend.

I'm not particularly old and I've owned (not counting cars in my wifes name), a Vauxhall, an Audi, 2 Fords, 2 BMWs, 1 Jaguar (very shortly to be 2).

If you plotted the graph of their cost you would see a quite clear pattern.  Also if you plotted performance that would follow a similar pattern.

I'm almost certainly a safer driver now than when I got my license 23 years ago though.

No, there's a definite brand appeal to certain makes of cars. BMWs do seem to appeal to a certain type of person, but like I said that doesn't mean all BMW owners are like that. For the same reason, I'd never buy a BMW myself.

20 hours ago, willman said:

You are basically driving an Audi then without the snob factor and the Audi tax, which is only a good thing.

7 hours ago, Obelix said:

You are basically driving an Audi then without the snob factor and the Audi tax, which is only a good thing.

Skoda are owned by VW - who also own the majority share of Audi.

VW also own Porsche and Lamborghini.  And whilst you will even find common VW parts in a lambo, it doesn't mean that the cars are the same, clearly.