"Hope admin don't mind, delete if not allowed"

Nothing much more than a moan but I'm curious to see if I'm just being a mardy bum or if my opinion is shared

So for my sins I help a small charity operate it's Facebook group. I don't do anything other than handle admin tasks.

Recently, and I've seen this on many other groups as well there's a rash of post that start with the thread title "Hope admin don't mind, delete if not allowed".  Usually is for an event or another charity group.

The group I admin has a clear rule for people wishing to make these types of post to contact a member of the admin team and seek prior approval (thankfully most people do) yet people still post this without asking first

Am I just being a bit of a shortened Richard in finding this absolutely rude and obnoxious of the person posting it, again not just on the group I manage but across at least all the groups I belong to?

Ask them for a reciprocal arrangement. 

Actually how would you know if a specific charity or event, or advertiser was bogus?  I suppose you need to go back to your charity 's board - they probably should have a policy on this.  They wouldn't want to be branded guilty by association. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

Presumably they are new members, joined just for the purpose of posting that one thing? In which case, they don't necessarily read or care about the rules.

Definitely rude and obnoxious. Hard to know what to do unless you decide to premoderate all posts.

I think if it is a clear rule in your group for promotional materials/posts to be sent to admins first, then you should remove the post and delete the user. They might be a spam account.

Bear in mind that some peoples posts may start like that but not actually be about promoting a third part group/organization.... 

12 hours ago, Eddie_shef said:

I think if it is a clear rule in your group for promotional materials/posts to be sent to admins first, then you should remove the post and delete the user. They might be a spam account.

Bear in mind that some peoples posts may start like that but not actually be about promoting a third part group/organization.... 

We remove the post and use the option to notify the poster of the rule infraction. If they post again then they're removed.

I was merely having a moan and seeing if there were opposing opinions.