Wilder's success record.

According to the Daily Mail Wilder has the best record for league wins in the whole of the football league which also includes the Prem.If that's correct it shows just how lucky we Blades are .In the article it goes on to say that he has  achieved it the hard way taking over Northampton who were seven points adrift at the bottom of league two with a winding up order hanging over his head.He managed to steer them to safety and the next season he got them promoted.This is all after he performed miracles at Oxford who he steered to promotion in to the football league.The man is a winner he has never been sacked which in this day and age is virtually unheard of.Now how the Mail has come to these conclusion I am not sure when you think of The Man cities and Liverpools it makes you wonder but it makes interesting reading anyway.I am sure if the plot went pear shaped at the Lane I do not think he would have to beg for a job any club would snap him up .The players love him and the fans to which is the norm according what Northampton and Oxford fans said when we were lucky enough to get him at the Lane.

I'm sure Warnock fits into the sort of same category, but struggled when he went into the prem (and every team he's managed in the prem)

I'm not saying Wilder will struggle (if he get's his chance) in the Premier league, but you can only judge him when he gets their. 

No doubts at all, Chris Wilder is a top manager.

1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

I'm sure Warnock fits into the sort of same category, but struggled when he went into the prem (and every team he's managed in the prem)

I'm not saying Wilder will struggle (if he get's his chance) in the Premier league, but you can only judge him when he gets their. 

The article is about CW's complete  record as a manager   a comparison of ALL managers in the last 4 yrs and he is top of the comparisons full stop

If his name was Christiano Wilderinho from another part of the world then I'm sure he'd have been snapped up by a Premier league club by now.

But Chris Wilder from Stocksbridge means he's operating under the radar.

Long may it continue.  

18 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

If his name was Christiano Wilderinho from another part of the world then I'm sure he'd have been snapped up by a Premier league club by now.

But Chris Wilder from Stocksbridge means he's operating under the radar.

Long may it continue.  

I totally agree with that lets not shout to loudly some one might hear us and steal him away.I wonder how some of those super managers in the prem would cope in the bottom division with out a dime to spend seven points from safety propping up the entire football leagues having to have a whip round for a packet of teabags and no body has been payed for a mouth?Would they be able to get them to safety and then promoted the year after?The answer is no chance.If they cannot go out and spend 30million to solve what ever problem comes up they would be useless .Wilder has done his apprenticeship the hard way and we the Blades are reaping the rewards but because his name sounds british he must be rubbish and I for one are so pleased they think like that.

20 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Same thing applies to the majority of managers plying their trade in the top flight, if they don't have a massive war chest to throw at the job. 

No doubt in the same manner as before in which Owls proclaimed that our team wasn't fit to lace their boots and how we hadn't a cat in hells chance in this league (how did that turn out again?), but no doubt you lot already have your conspiracy theories of how things will pan out should we achieve promotion. Whether it be a lack of budget? Or whatever other unfounded spite. 

On paper Wilder's record at BDTBL is superior to that of Warnock, in fact a hefty 10% more superior.

Wilder's a class act and we are extremely lucky to have him at the club. 

Not quite, one thing is missing, he may well get it this year!

Even if Wilder doesn't get us promoted, ask any Blade who is the better manager and i reckon over 90% would pick Wilder over Warnock.

4 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Not quite, one thing is missing, he may well get it this year!

Your posts on this post seem as though you would not want him as a manager of the Owls

19 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Your posts on this post seem as though you would not want him as a manager of the Owls

This makes no sense.

On 26/03/2019 at 23:27, barry-333 said:

Happy with the one we've got...

If he he gets you up it's an awesome feat, no doubt about it

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:07, atticus said:

Even if Wilder doesn't get us promoted, ask any Blade who is the better manager and i reckon over 90% would pick Wilder over Warnock.

As much as I love CW/AK and their style of play, this season still wouldn't beat the "Triple Assault" season in my opinion. With the players we had, Warnock and Blackwell worked wonders taking us to two cup semi-finals and a play-off final.

Edited by byeo