Sophie Jones case

30 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

But not Oakwell ?

to be honest I used to go all over, including Huddersfield and Leeds. Was much easier bitd.

i also went to Hillsborough loads. Mainly Hillsborough, Oakwell and the Lane, Leeds and Huddersfield quite a bit. No place like the Lane for me.

best wishes

I thought you would bring up Oakwell, but although I have been there, it was no more than twice, so I couldn't , in all honesty, say I was a regular there. One of the games, I was only there because a friend from Hoyland wanted me to go and join him at the Turf(pub) that particular Saturday night, so went to the match, had tea at his house and on to a night out at the pub. Oh yeah, we got a good hiding at the end of the pub session, but that's for another thread. LOL.

Cheers.

Edited by Ontarian1981

18 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

This is it now in governing bodies of sports. Once an accusation is made the player is blemished in the eyes of the powers that be, irrespective of what a court of law says. I follow baseball and we had a player who was suspended without pay for 80 games(162games in a full season) This case fell into the category of the domestic violence protocol. The suspension was almost immediate after the arrest. It did not go to court until well after the suspension was served, where he was found not guilty and the girlfriend was made to look vindictive, My team, meantime, panicked before the trial and traded him and in essence, we lost one of our best players because of a storm in a teacup.

I am, by no means, against discipline for domestic violence or racism , but I would like to be sure that the player is actually guilty before punishment is meted out.