Sophie Jones case

Sheffield United womens player Sophie Jones maintains her innocence, after being found guilty of racism and handed a five match ban. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-united-sacked-player-denies-allegations-of-racism-1-9662916

Several of my family members were at the match and none of them witnessed any instance of such behaviour. 

A BBC report mentions that a more detailed report will be published.  Does anyone know if this will be available to view online, and where it might be found? 

Thank you in advance. 

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Sheffield United womens player Sophie Jones maintains her innocence, after being found guilty of racism and handed a five match ban. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-united-sacked-player-denies-allegations-of-racism-1-9662916

Several of my family members were at the match and none of them witnessed any instance of such behaviour. 

A BBC report mentions that a more detailed report will be published.  Does anyone know if this will be available to view online, and where it might be found? 

Thank you in advance. 

What has the BBC got to do withe the incident

10 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

She's been found guilty and the club have parted company with her. There is no room for racism within the sport and anyone found guilty of it aren't welcome at our club.

Let's see if Sheffield Wednesday follow the same values when Fernando Forestieri attends court in Mansfield on Thursday (should he be found guilty of any charges in a similar respect).

Clean up your own backyard and stop tit for tatting. I am sure Wednesday will clean up theirs if warranted.

29 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

There is no room for racism within the sport and anyone found guilty of it aren't welcome at our club.

Totally agree but I would still like to see the full report. 

Are you party to information that I am not?  Were you at the hearing? 

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Just reporting on it as far as I can see.

Judge for yourself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47641064

Yes, that's correct.   

Apologies, it was most certainly my use of the word 'report' twice that caused confusion. 

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

How is it tit for tat?  I have a no-nonsense stance towards racism! Same as last nights England game! Disgusted and I expect the book to be thrown at Macedonia until they lose the 1960's arrogant, disgusting mentality. 

Whether it be United, Wednesday or a Sunday League team down the park. Any player found to be racist in any way, shape or form needs removing from the sport!

I too hate all forms of racism, but my response to your post was brought about by the fact that the moment you finished talking about your lady footballer's problem you just had to bring the other Sheffield club into the post. Why was that? You could have left it where it was.There was no reason to bring Wednesday into the coversation, that was the tit for tat that I meant.

Edited by Ontarian1981

33 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

He was accused of like for like offences, regarless of who he plays for. The fact that he plays for a Sheffield club makes it relavant to this post and relative to this board. 

If it was another blade of course you wpuld have no real issue I guess, but perhaps you see it as tit for tat bwcause it is one of yours?

Regardless it is relavant and should he be found of anything similar.....then I expect the same punishment.

True Wednesday are my number one club and have been since I was a boy, which is a long time ago ,but I have never been anti-United. In the 60s I used to go and see all the local clubs and I cheered them on, as I couldn't afford to follow Wednesday away from home all the time. My point was and still is, that there was no reason to bring the Owls into the issue at hand, it was totally irrelevant. I have no idea what charges Forestieri faces other than he was fighting, as I live abroad, and don't keep up on everything. I am sure the Wednesday board will act accordingly, after all the club is not exactly new to controversy over their players' behaviour, are they?

Edited by Ontarian1981

13 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Like I said bud it isn't anti-wednesday, it's anti racism..... If FF was a blade, I would expect the same result. 

No you wouldn't , If Oliver Norwood was accused of the same thing there is no way on this earth you would ask for him to be thrown out ……….. another Wednesday bashing episode 

Saw her play several times when she was at Club before Blades were given the franchise / leapfrog and she moved clubs.

Surprised , sad and very disappointed. However, why would Renee Hector say this if untrue? And, if it`s false, surely SUWFC would stand by her?

Well, the FA seem determined that the WSL etc mirror the men`s game....

There does seem to be a presumption of guilt in these situations these days. Thats assuming she hasn't admitted it within the confines of the club

19 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

True Wednesday are my number one club and have been since I was a boy, which is a long time ago ,but I have never been anti-United. In the 60s I used to go and see all the local clubs and I cheered them on, as I couldn't afford to follow Wednesday away from home all the time. My point was and still is, that there was no reason to bring the Owls into the issue at hand, it was totally irrelevant. I have no idea what charges Forestieri faces other than he was fighting, as I live abroad, and don't keep up on everything. I am sure the Wednesday board will act accordingly, after all the club is not exactly new to controversy over their players' behaviour, are they?

You used to visit Bramall Lane and Hillsborough and chose Wednesday ! What's wrong with you  ?   😊

17 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

There does seem to be a presumption of guilt in these situations these days. Thats assuming she hasn't admitted it within the confines of the club

You used to visit Bramall Lane and Hillsborough and chose Wednesday ! What's wrong with you  ?   😊

I also used to visit Milmoor, Belle Vue and Saltergate, but still chose Wednesday, hard as that may be to believe. Lol

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I also used to visit Milmoor, Belle Vue and Saltergate, but still chose Wednesday, hard as that may be to believe. Lol

But not Oakwell ?

to be honest I used to go all over, including Huddersfield and Leeds. Was much easier bitd.

i also went to Hillsborough loads. Mainly Hillsborough, Oakwell and the Lane, Leeds and Huddersfield quite a bit. No place like the Lane for me.

best wishes