Kommune - anyone been?

I think it was a big mistake for the Hop Hideout to move from Abbeydale Rd. Whatever is supposed to be taking its place at the same location in Abbeydale Rd seems a woefully long time about opening - wonder if its issues with the landlord or something ....

20 hours ago, GinTreeS7 said:

I think it was a big mistake for the Hop Hideout to move from Abbeydale Rd. Whatever is supposed to be taking its place at the same location in Abbeydale Rd seems a woefully long time about opening - wonder if its issues with the landlord or something ....

Apparently they got kicked out by their landlord, who owns the gin place next door, so that the gin place could install a kitchen and do food. Unfortunately they've run out of money.

Yep. Quite a shame. We`ll see how Kommune pans out.

On 10/04/2019 at 18:19, taxman said:

In there now. Great beers from Hop Hideout and a good range from Neepsend on the main bar. Not cheap though so I'm a bit nonplussed as to the overall concept of the place. I had a lovely kebab for a tenner but there are also dishes into the twenties. Cocktails/street food/craft beer / it's a jumbled idea and unless it does really well they can't keep the table service going. It's good but is finding its feet 

Is the overall concept, "offer quality food and drink, and variety, and people will pay for it"?  If so, it will be doomed in Sheffield won't it?  

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Is the overall concept, "offer quality food and drink, and variety, and people will pay for it"?  If so, it will be doomed in Sheffield won't it?  

I disagree. I think there is an untapped market in Sheff of people with money to spend on nice things. Not as many as Leeds or Manchester obviously. But, for example, Sheffield women DO want posh frocks some of the time. Sheffield people DO want nice places to eat and drink. As the city centre develops it might even attract some of the self-made man types from N Derbyshire. We're not all savages inside the city boundary you know.

I’ve been a few times , it’s always been busy , so it’s proving to be a great addition to Sheffield social scene . 

Admittedly, it a little bit out on a limb in the location it’s in , but I keep seeing plans to redevelop that area so hopefully in a few years it might be complementing some nice new trendy bars .  

Went past it  Friday afternoon about 2pm . It looked absolutely rammed

On 27/04/2019 at 09:29, Bilge said:

I disagree. I think there is an untapped market in Sheff of people with money to spend on nice things. Not as many as Leeds or Manchester obviously. But, for example, Sheffield women DO want posh frocks some of the time. Sheffield people DO want nice places to eat and drink. As the city centre develops it might even attract some of the self-made man types from N Derbyshire. We're not all savages inside the city boundary you know.

😃 Totally agree with you!  My comments were meant tongue in cheek.  Yes, count me in for "nice things", I like the sound of that.  If there were more of them I wouldn't be traipsing off to Leeds and Manchester so often.  I am a self-made man from N Derbyshire after all.

Just wondered what the The Commune is like at the moment, especially during the eat out offer, is it busy, very busy, noisy?

thinking of going, but still harbour notions of how working class culture(the Co-op) is appropiated by hipsterdom, but at least its bringing life back there.

Edited by gamezone07