Kommune - anyone been?

I don`t think Hop Hideout had any choice in having to move from Abbeydale Road but yes, a big loss for us in the SW.  And agree that their Kommune location ain`t ideal. Thinking of visiting on Saturday night but it`s still such a grim part of the city,  and not particularly convenient before a gig at Record Junkee....

Interesting tweets from the good folk at Food Hall questioning the huge amount of funding that has been given to Kommune whilst they receive next to nothing.

And, if ordering food, do they bring it to your table or is it wait and then try and grab a seat?

Edited by jemson

personally I find the new location much better, the old location was away from anywhere else I go, and while not far from my house a bloody long way to carry a dozen or more bottles! New location is halfway from work to Shakespeare, and I can get a direct bus from outside to the end of my road. Not been yet so can't comment on the atmosphere etc, will pay my first visit tonight I think.

1 hour ago, jemson said:

I don`t think Hop Hideout had any choice in having to move from Abbeydale Road but yes, a big loss for us in the SW.  And agree that their Kommune location ain`t ideal. Thinking of visiting on Saturday night but it`s still such a grim part of the city,  and not particularly convenient before a gig at Record Junkee....

Interesting tweets from the good folk at Food Hall questioning the huge amount of funding that has been given to Kommune whilst they receive next to nothing.

And, if ordering food, do they bring it to your table or is it wait and then try and grab a seat?

Depends on what time you go and which outlet. We got beers and found a table last evening. Partner went off and ordered something then came back with a buzzer that went off when her food was ready and she went and retrieved it. At my outlet I was asked my table number and somebody brought it. I can't see the extra staff involved in table service lasting once the buzz of a new venture dies down.

Cheers. That makes sense. Presume then that you can grab a beer from HH and drink it. Does HH have its own seating? (When we popped in, we didn`t stay long - one of our girls really didn`t like the place).

1 minute ago, jemson said:

Cheers. That makes sense. Presume then that you can grab a beer from HH and drink it. Does HH have its own seating? (When we popped in, we didn`t stay long - one of our girls really didn`t like the place).

HH only has a few bar stools but there is nothing to stop you getting something from there and going sitting elsewhere. We managed to find a relatively cosy table down at the front rather than the communal canteen tables.

Theres a serious fire there tonight, at the time of posting it had been evacuated but wasnt under control. Hope the damage isnt too severe.

Its now being called an arson attack.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/video-shows-people-being-evacuated-from-sheffield-restaurant-after-arson-attack-1-9722709

Edited by nikki-red

19 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

Not on that link 

Thanks for the heads up, it was fine last night. I’ve edited my post.

10 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Theres a serious fire there tonight, at the time of posting it had been evacuated but wasnt under control. Hope the damage isnt too severe.

Its now being called an arson attack.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/video-shows-people-being-evacuated-from-sheffield-restaurant-after-arson-attack-1-9722709

https://m.facebook.com/kommunecastlehouse/photos/a.365944070627672/404907750064637/?type=3&source=48 

9 minutes ago, Lambo245 said:

As not everybody uses facebook the link from the Kommune page reads...

ANNOUNCEMENT

News sure spreads fast, but this fire hasn't...

To avoid any speculation, there has been a small fire in a service alley behind Kommune. This fire was not inside our building.

We had to evacuate the building as a precaution because smoke got into Kommune through the extraction.

We expect to be proving full service tomorrow, so don't panic!

Good to hear its not as bad as The Star was claiming. Then again its not like them to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but thats a different topic...

Edited by nikki-red

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

As not everybody uses facebook the link from the Kommune page reads...

Good to hear its not as bad as The Star was claiming. Then again its not like them to let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Thanks I couldn't copy it