Kommune - anyone been?

Yet? Any good?

went friday night , it was ok but it was rammed , ended up eating my food on a window ledge !

1 hour ago, jemson said:

Yet? Any good?

Not yet, but got my hop hideout voucher from their crowd funder last week

I went for a nosey one morning last week. It looks great, just what that area needs - a reason to visit.

Great place and hopefully will make the area more attractive.

I wasn't aware of this development, so thanks for posting on here about it.  It's definitely the kind of thing that Sheffield needs and I'll really look forward to trying it.  Maybe I'll pop in before the Blades game tomorrow for a snack.

Popped in yesterday but didn`t stay for long. We`d got the kids and it was really busy. Looks interesting though. My god that part of town is looking bad though. 

Edited by jemson

Broke my journey from The Bankers Draft to The Hen and Chickens very nicely. I suggested it would in a post a few days ago but it perhaps didn’t load to the thread properly because I can’t see it.

In there now. Great beers from Hop Hideout and a good range from Neepsend on the main bar. Not cheap though so I'm a bit nonplussed as to the overall concept of the place. I had a lovely kebab for a tenner but there are also dishes into the twenties. Cocktails/street food/craft beer / it's a jumbled idea and unless it does really well they can't keep the table service going. It's good but is finding its feet 

I've been in a couple of times, and I like the idea, but find the place a bit too noisy (as all these concrete and exposed conduit type of places are).  I think that's more a reflection of my advancing years, and liking for a comfy chair, than a criticism though!  

Agree with above the noise is too much ....but food was excellent , not too keen on the lager but will visit again 

I think Hop Hideout may have made a mistake moving from their former Abbeydale Road location. They are literally hidden round a corner from the main bar and if you didn't know they were there or didn't go looking for them you wouldn't pass them. Hopefully they might get some passing trade from people heading down Kelham Island but together with The Broadfield and Picture House Social Hop Hideout were part of making Abbeydale Road a destination for drinking.

I'm more likely to go again at lunchtime where the food and prices seem more realistic for a "streetfood" type place.