Disgusting behaviour on train

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

Never seen owt like that in all my life - regularly use public transport.

dont think it’s the norm by any stretch.

This incident happened in Gateshead, near Newcastle.  There is a school where this young girl and her disgraceful mother got off the bus called Heworth Grange School Gateshead.  The teachers went on strike because of the pupils bad behaviour,  I’ve never heard of that before.  I’m sure you will be able to google it for more information about the strike, as it was on the news.  I wonder what the language is like when these pupils use public transport to go home if the teachers can’t control them in class?

When this young ginger hair girl and her mother got off the bus, I noticed they were both nicely dressed which didn’t fit with the bad language that came out of this young girls mouth. 

Although this didn’t happen in Sheffield I have heard bad language used on the trams and buses by school children,  but they were older than this young girl.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/heworth-grange-school-gateshead-strike-15794908

16 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Typical football thugs. Knuckle draggers the lot of em.

Stereotypes making the world go round as usual. Completely untrue.

11 hours ago, makapaka said:

Never seen owt like that in all my life - regularly use public transport.

dont think it’s the norm by any stretch.

Glad to see someone not thinking the end of the world is nigh.

Makes a mockery of the "keep the guard on the train to make the train safe" strikes.

There's been a few instances recently where there have been guards on trains, yet incidents have happened.

southern-rail-strike.jpg

1 hour ago, philyyy said:

I don’t think it is the end of the world there is still a lot of good people out there.

17 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Typical football thugs. Knuckle draggers the lot of em.

Perhaps.  But, fortunately, they are a small minority of football fans.  The majority are a very decent bunch. 

1 hour ago, philyyy said:

Far from it, but people should be able to sit on a train without being subject to foul and abusive language chanted by drunks. To be clear this wasn't a matter of overly exuberant and tipsy travellers talking loudly amongst themselves it was directed at other passengers and intended to intimidate and disturb. I'll not go into specifics. British Transport Police have my testimony and others would be available if requested. They may have in fact intervened later on the journey. At the very least I would hope the football club send out a reminder to fans that they are perceived as représentatives of the supporters of the club. My grandchildren are season ticket holders at Barnsley.

I would imagine cctv is available ?

Nice bit of copy and paste journalism from the star

The Star: Fury over ‘drunk Barnsley fans who abused passengers and threatening to take over train’. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/latest/fury-over-drunk-barnsley-fans-who-abused-passengers-and-threatening-to-take-over-train-1-9670703

22 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

A sign of the times I'm afraid - in our youth you would never have dreamed of swearing in front of your parents, women or children. The lack of respect shown to people in these categories is a symptom of the breakdown of society's values.

30-40 years ago the same group of drunken football thugs would have been busy kicking the life out of another group of fans from an opposing team.

Little has changed in my eyes, Yobs are still Yobs.

53 minutes ago, slh73 said:

Nice bit of copy and paste journalism from the star

The Star: Fury over ‘drunk Barnsley fans who abused passengers and threatening to take over train’. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/latest/fury-over-drunk-barnsley-fans-who-abused-passengers-and-threatening-to-take-over-train-1-9670703

@Ridgewalk I'd advise the Star that is your copywrite, and ask them how much thry are paying you for it.😀

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@Ridgewalk I'd advise the Star that is your copywrite, and ask them how much thry are paying you for it.😀

Eh ? Wonder if someone else has reported it ? I'll have a look

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Well I should cocoa.

Edited by Ridgewalk

6 hours ago, geared said:

30-40 years ago the same group of drunken football thugs would have been busy kicking the life out of another group of fans from an opposing team.

Little has changed in my eyes, Yobs are still Yobs.

Yes that's probably true but the difference nowadays is the use of foul language is treated as 'normal' by so many. Can never remember the F word being bandied about in public when I was young!

Talking of which, where does the (local, I think) expression "effing and jeffing" stem from?

The first bit's obvious, but 'jeffing'?