Disgusting behaviour on train

On thé train from Sheffield to Huddersfield via Barnsley yesterday at 17-45pm. Six or seven males, probably early thirties drunk as skunks and still drinking when they boarded the train, they were accompanied by young children. They loudly abused all the other passengers in the carriage, who were mainly women and  children, loudly chanted that everyone else were <removed>, were using loud and foul language eg <removed> etc. They threatened to " take over the train". They were clearly Barnsley " fans" judging by the chanting. 

Fortunately we left at Meadowhall but heard them abusing shoppers boarding. A woman getting off the train advised people to use alternative carriages. 

Their foul language in front of other children as well as their own was unbelievable.

My wife approached the train driver/ conductor at Meadowhall and advised him of the situation.

British Transport Police have been informed as well as Barnsley fc

Edited by nikki-red

Just to be clear to anyone reading the above I didn’t actually write the obscene language “removed” 

You cant board a plane if your drunk so that should go for trains and buses . :roll:

A sign of the times I'm afraid - in our youth you would never have dreamed of swearing in front of your parents, women or children. The lack of respect shown to people in these categories is a symptom of the breakdown of society's values.

46 minutes ago, lindylou53 said:

A sign of the times I'm afraid - in our youth you would never have dreamed of swearing in front of your parents, women or children. The lack of respect shown to people in these categories is a symptom of the breakdown of society's values.

Hi lindylou53.

Swearing, as anti social as it might be, I can cope with. This was on another level. Shouting at the top of their voices and chanting referring to everyone as "B's" 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

You cant board a plane if your drunk so that should go for trains and buses . :roll:

Agreed. There were police on the station concourse, when'in fact the problem was on the platform then taken onto the train. I did wonder about that actually. It was quite intimidating and nauseating at the same time, pathetic really 

Typical football thugs. Knuckle draggers the lot of em.

Edited by K1Machine

Watch the first episode of lilyhammer on Netflix , troulble with yobs  on a train were sorted.  :hihi:

2 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

Sadly Lindylou, I fear you are right. Our society 's values are badly broken.  Many young women have dirtier mouths than men. To hear them screaming, <removed> and blinding at small children both appalls and saddens me. 

Edited by nikki-red

4 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

These were hardly youths - early 30's according to the OP - and many football "supporters" who carry on like this can be a good deal older.

A young girl about the age of five and her mother got on the bus a few weeks ago.  The young girl was shouting at her mother in a loud voice and just about every other word was a swear word which started with the letter F.  Not one person on the bus said anything, I think we were all afraid to. This sort of language is frequently used on public transport but I’ve never heard it used by someone so young.  I suppose when someone so young swears they are repeating things that they hear every day in the home and it’s just the norm for them.

It makes me wonder how teachers cope with these children in the classroom?  I wouldn’t be surprised if they have to have special training for dealing with bad language in class this day and age.  

Guest makapaka

Never seen owt like that in all my life - regularly use public transport.

dont think it’s the norm by any stretch.

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

Never seen owt like that in all my life - regularly use public transport.

dont think it’s the norm by any stretch.

Neither had I that was why it was so shocking.