Jump to content

Does anyone ever actually take notice of ads?

Recommended Posts

Just that really, I don't buy newspapers anymore as I have the BBC News app on my phone

Never pay any attention to TV ads, usually use the break to either make a cuppa, toilet, chat or whatever

Online ads are now invisible, I seem to not see them anymore, just whatever it is I happen to be reading

Flyers are universally binned instantly.

 

Even going to the shops, I never see or think "25% off banner" or "closing down " banner  must check it out.

I just ignore everything completely

 

I've become AdBlind

 

So what's the point ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect, it's a bit of a daft question. Do you really think this country spends billions on advertising in the knowledge that no-one ever takes notice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of marketing works sub-consciously. It’s a lot more about branding and you do actually see more, and take in more of the advertising than you would initially think. Obviously it’s all subjective and some people are more prone to this canvassing than others, but it clearly works and a good marketing team can track most sales right back to a source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, valid points I agree

But, lets not be coy- we both know its a way to offset TAX owed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrcharlie said:

Hmm, valid points I agree

But, lets not be coy- we both know its a way to offset TAX owed

 

Advertising?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always found Gooogle Ads as money Wasted, with no return....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrcharlie said:

Hmm, valid points I agree

But, lets not be coy- we both know its a way to offset TAX owed

 

Not how it works. Top rate of corporation tax is 30% , So if they spent £1m on advertising, they'd pay£300k less tax, but they've still spent £1m. If they didn't advertise, they'd have £700k more after tax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeZeus said:

I always found Gooogle Ads as money Wasted, with no return....

You’re right.  Companies with hundreds of millions of pounds turnover spend thousands on google ads because it doesn’t work. 

 

I used to own a website and we had Google Ads on it.  google paid me around $2000 every month because of the number of people clicking on those ads from my site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrcharlie said:

Just that really, I don't buy newspapers anymore as I have the BBC News app on my phone

Never pay any attention to TV ads, usually use the break to either make a cuppa, toilet, chat or whatever

Online ads are now invisible, I seem to not see them anymore, just whatever it is I happen to be reading

Flyers are universally binned instantly.

 

Even going to the shops, I never see or think "25% off banner" or "closing down " banner  must check it out.

I just ignore everything completely

 

I've become AdBlind

 

So what's the point ?

You're not on your own mate. 

 

I don't watch a lot of tv, but when i do and an advert comes on, i quickly press 'Mute' on the remote and have a look at the programme guide for 5 minutes.

 

Those bluddy 118 money ad's are infuriating..!!  Sometimes catch me out if i'm not fast enough..!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never see any ads on the internet, so they dont bother me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When an ad interrupts a YouTube video I'm watching, it makes me 1 million times less inclined to ever buy the product in the ad.

Edited by Hots on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Internet.... I use Ad-Blocker Plus...;)

 

I haven't seen an advert while browsing the Net for over 10 years.!

 

Google Ad-Blocker...It's free...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.