Car radio codes

4 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've had a look at a couple of places that do them but the way they say to do it doesn't work so have to look at getting it out myself, trying this morning so hopefully just a quick job

Just get the 4 special keys ,insert them and pull radio out ,make a note of serial number and put the serial number in to that site and it will give you the code .try pressing number 1 and 6 together on radio and it might give you serial number without having to remove radio 

Managed to get the radio out but not sure which the serial number is, how would I know? 

It will start with a letter something like  v then  about 7 numbers 

Yea can't see anything on the two labels like what the site's ask for so might not be able to do it anywhere other than ford. Was trying to get pictures up but don't know how unfortunately

Have you tried pressing and holding buttons 1&6 for a few seconds. With ignition and radio on 

radio has to have a serial number on it  mine starts with a v then 6 numbers 

If your in s5 I’d pop over and help you 

Edited by rudds1

Tried that. I'm on Gregg house if you can pop round. It's a sat nav radio so not sure if that makes a difference

Edited by NERVY-OWL

4 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Tried that. I'm on Gregg house if you can pop round. It's a sat nav radio so not sure if that makes a difference

Not 100% sure myself but if its factory fitted its worth a go 

Yes think it's factory fitted, I'm abit thick with all this so might just be me. Let me know when you free to have a look, don't think there's much else I can do alone. 

Pm me your address please