Car radio codes

Does anyone know if I need to take it to ford to get a new code or is there anyone that can do it? I've looked online but you need the serial number or something first.

Can anyone help or know anyone that could?

You sure it's not written in your owners manual or service booklet?

No I can't find it in there😔. Just got the car and the dealer has said he'll pay to get a new one but hard to get to ford this week

If you go to ford and give them your chassis number / reg they will get you the code but might charge as much as £25  another way is slide unit out and get serial number and go on eBay  I got a code for my radio for 99 pence 

Rung ford and they charge 30 quid to get a code, I guess they take unit out but I don't have tools to do it myself

What car /year is it 

Halfords sell keys to remove radio. Only a couple of quid 

then go on radiocodeford .com 

Edited by rudds1

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Does anyone know if I need to take it to ford to get a new code or is there anyone that can do it? I've looked online but you need the serial number or something first.

Can anyone help or know anyone that could?

When I bought my code of Ebay it gave instructions to get serial number with a few presses of buttons no need to take radio out cost £2.99 worked perfect

I've had a look at a couple of places that do them but the way they say to do it doesn't work so have to look at getting it out myself, trying this morning so hopefully just a quick job