Sheffield Half Marathon 2019

Did my first ever half marathon in 2h 16m 51s, absolutely delighted...

1.46 same as last year happy with that.

Well done guys and all those that helped and supported.

1:57,  I am ok with that year :)

great effort pete. we watched off limb lane and got hale!

well done Pete, bungle, fudbeer and Croat and everybody else who ran, volunteered and supported.

This is event to make us proud.

Well done everyone. Great turn out. Wasn't running myself this year, was just in Dore spectating. Hail and a few flakes of snow at one point; I think the coldest I've ever known it for a Sheffield HM, probably good running conditions though.

Yes was certainly cold one of the few times I felt  a little cold during as opposed to at the start of a marathon.Better than being too hot though.

Support was particularly strong in Dore thanks to you guys.

We watched from the end of Limb Lane. Sure was chilly.

HI guys.

Decided to try a marathon for the first time and registered for York in October ,its a LOT flatter than Sheffield half so hoping that will help training going ok done my long run at 22 miles round Ladybower and Howden as its relatively flat which went well any tips?

Edited by Fudbeer

Great stuff. It is all about the long run imho. I`ve done 5 now and only one went really well. Fuelling is key obviously so practice / experiment with what to eat the day before and on the day. I heard York is good but a bit of a sting in the tail.

7 minutes ago, jemson said:

Great stuff. It is all about the long run imho. I`ve done 5 now and only one went really well. Fuelling is key obviously so practice / experiment with what to eat the day before and on the day. I heard York is good but a bit of a sting in the tail.

Yes it certainly is about long runs for me as my whole training is based around them as following a conventional training plan with 4 or 5 runs a week always results in injury for me so am spending more time doing the long run and less shorter ones.Have recently bought one of those bladder things for hydration as I probably don't hydrate enough am not keen on taking bottles of water out as I find them a pain to carry!

Hows your training coming along Fudbeer?

York will be my first marathon too.

My long runs were going great (upto 12-13 miles) until around 5-6 weeks ago when I got a niggling achilles that turned into 2 weeks with no training at all.

Still easing back in but I've completely fallen off the mileage wagon and can only manage 7-8 miles at most now. Trying to build back up, but I think it's going to be a case of jeffing just to get to the finish line in whatever time it may take.