Sheffield Half Marathon 2019

That time again!

Hows everyones training going, usual suspects doing it on here?😀

Been focusing on the long run this year and running to Burbage and back once  a week which is the same distance as the half from my house and more hilly.

Times have come down in recent years but still not beat my PB the first time I did it around 12 years ago despite doing it every year since.

Achilles  been flaring up a bit recently so had to take it easy been trying zero drop  (altra) shoes which I like but think they do put more strain on that area,its recommended to do the transition over time. 

I`m looking like a DNS at the mo. Broke my ankle running on Blacka Moor whilst training for Grindleford Gallop. 🤕

Sorry to hear that jem ankle injuries seem very common in the Peaks. 

I have had to take a few months off running for a back problem but back in training now. Not run a half-marathon distance for 6 months, so may have to settle for a very slow time!

Will be my first time NOT doing Sheffield HM, since 2008!

Too many mince pies!

Need to get my ass back in to gear, and get ready for the next one.

Beat this and I'm not bragging, just so pleased I maintained my fitness until a hip replacement.

3 Sheffield Full Marathons and 24 Sheffield Half Marathons

6 hours ago, PeteM01 said:

I have had to take a few months off running for a back problem but back in training now. Not run a half-marathon distance for 6 months, so may have to settle for a very slow time!

Still a great event sometimes nice to soak up the atmosphere without worrying about a time!

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Will be my first time NOT doing Sheffield HM, since 2008!

Too many mince pies!

Need to get my ass back in to gear, and get ready for the next one.

lol we all been there it creeps up on you I have done it every year since 2006.

51 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Beat this and I'm not bragging, just so pleased I maintained my fitness until a hip replacement.

3 Sheffield Full Marathons and 24 Sheffield Half Marathons

I had nasty knee injury that would not go away limped round the course for a few years and very nearly stopped running altogether but eventually persevered and learnt how to manage it (basically stretching and cutting back when pain starts)  now it rarely bothers me.Just shows that managed correctly you can often still run.after injury,

Great to hear familiar names back again good luck all!

BTW if there are any first timers don't worry to much about the hills just take them very slowly and you get the benefit of running down hill most(but not all!) of the way back!

Of course I am in, wouldn't miss this. My third time this year, only thing is, I am not in 1:50 shape this year, mainly because 

of the fact that I have office job now and the Dominos, fish and chips and kebab here and there.  I am 3/4  stone up.

But I should be in 2:10 time  with no problems

Edited by Guest

Got my last long run in yesterday afternoon. Only 9 miles so need to get the other 4 on Sunday. Have a good last week folks, looking forward to my second Sheffield half now.

Nice work folks.

Did my last longish run today (10k) felt good infact one of those "I wish it was the race today" type mornings as I doubt I will feel this good on Sunday!

Have fun all. We`ll be watching, probably up near Limb Lane.

1h 56m! Pretty pleased with that.