Climate change protests

Are 'Extinction Rebellion' activists being paid up to £400 each week, tax free, to disrupt worker's lives?

Capitalists with deep pockets are funding this non diverse white middle class attack on working class diversity...

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Capitalists with deep pockets are funding this non diverse white middle class attack on working class diversity...

You don't like anyone having money do you?

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Are 'Extinction Rebellion' activists being paid up to £400 each week, tax free, to disrupt worker's lives?

£400 a week? I wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

I imagine that ER activists are all getting at least £10 000 per month, plus expenses, plus a Harley Davidson and a free baby white rhino each.

Otherwise, what’s the point?

Edited by Pettytom

the people organising this/these protests will be working full time. £400/week is more or less the national average.

I suspect it's less, when you consider that people on an average salary will also be accumulating pension contributions. i'll eat my hat if there's an extinction-rebellion pension plan!

so, less than average 'salary' for organising a successful national campaign... what's the problem again?

for a lefty, our comrade mr boot does seem to get an awful lot of his outrage straight off the front page of the daily mail...

if they're only in it for the money, then oil-funded science denial is much more profitable.

Edited by ads36

On 14/10/2019 at 09:21, ads36 said:

the people organising this/these protests will be working full time. £400/week is more or less the national average.

I suspect it's less, when you consider that people on an average salary will also be accumulating pension contributions. i'll eat my hat if there's an extinction-rebellion pension plan!

so, less than average 'salary' for organising a successful national campaign... what's the problem again?

for a lefty, our comrade mr boot does seem to get an awful lot of his outrage straight off the front page of the daily mail...

if they're only in it for the money, then oil-funded science denial is much more profitable.

Actually, I got the information on payments from the XR website:

"Extinction Rebellion has grown very quickly and there are large numbers of people who want to give their time for free because they realise the urgency of the situation. We even have individuals who have given up their paid jobs in order to work for Extinction Rebellion.

However, this is not possible for many and so are experimenting with a system where we give money to vital members of the team who require assistance to pay living expenses like rent and bills."

Extinction Rebellion FAQs

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Actually, I got the information on payments from the XR website:

"Extinction Rebellion has grown very quickly and there are large numbers of people who want to give their time for free because they realise the urgency of the situation. We even have individuals who have given up their paid jobs in order to work for Extinction Rebellion.

However, this is not possible for many and so are experimenting with a system where we give money to vital members of the team who require assistance to pay living expenses like rent and bills."

Extinction Rebellion FAQs

I think it's really funny that you're so horrified and terrified by all this stuff. I bet Greta Thunberg makes you feel so small and insecure.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

I think it's really funny that you're so horrified and terrified by all this stuff. I bet Greta Thunberg makes you feel so small and insecure.

Actually Greta Thunberg reminds me of the wild eyed fanatical zombies of the Hitler Youth, indoctrinated by adults.

Edited by Car Boot

Just now, Car Boot said:

Actually Greta Thunberg reminds me of the wild eyed fanatical zombies of the Hitler Youth, indoctrinated by adults.

You're scared of her - and she's a lot cleverer than you.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Greta Thunberg is the poster child for white middle class privilege and the whitewashing of climate justice with her lack of race and class analysis.  Thunberg portrays a white, Eurocentric narrative around climate change activism which is exclusionary to people of colour and other marginalised groups. Another well off white girl who wants to change the world. Haven't we seen enough of them? 

42 minutes ago, Halibut said:

How do you know that? Did you objectively assess her knowledge? Do you accept all her views and opinions as correct?

Apart from usual personal insults we haven't heard any of your arguments here.

45 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Another well off white girl who wants to change the world. Haven't we seen enough of them? 

this one's walking the walk.

Q : are we doing enough yet?

A : No - sounds like we need a few more girls who want to change the world.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I'm scared that her white middle class privilege is destroying the planet, yes.

She's a lot richer and has advantages which the majority of the working class, especially people of colour and other marginalised groups, don't have.