Climate change protests

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Could anyone who speaks mumbo jumbo please decipher?

Something about the met police not doing their job correctly, by ensuring a peaceful process can go ahead safely. 

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Could anyone who speaks mumbo jumbo please decipher?

Did you watch the Politics show BBC 2,  12.15. A real eye opener, I will skip over the Extinction Rebellion man on the show, he is simply deluded. But at the very end of the show the Tory guy on the panel asked our deluded friend if he could ensure that access would be made available for the emergency services over (I forget which bridge) that the Extinction Rebellion lunatics had blocked. Our Extinction Rebellion representative was quick off the mark to tell all that "blue lights" could drive over without any problem or hold up. Our Tory replied, "odd, I have just walked over or tried to walk over and the bridge is completely blocked by tents". Whoops, red faces all round. I assume your reply will be the Tory is telling lies while the Extinction Rebellion lunatic is telling the truth. 

4 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Did you watch the Politics show BBC 2,  12.15. A real eye opener, I will skip over the Extinction Rebellion man on the show, he is simply deluded. But at the very end of the show the Tory guy on the panel asked our deluded friend if he could ensure that access would be made available for the emergency services over (I forget which bridge) that the Extinction Rebellion lunatics had blocked. Our Extinction Rebellion representative was quick off the mark to tell all that "blue lights" could drive over without any problem or hold up. Our Tory replied, "odd, I have just walked over or tried to walk over and the bridge is completely blocked by tents". Whoops, red faces all round. I assume your reply will be the Tory is telling lies while the Extinction Rebellion lunatic is telling the truth. 

Why didn’t you say that in the first place?

While it's clear what XR protestors want (urgent and radical government action so that the effects of climate change are merely bad), it's a bit less clear what those who oppose them want. Presumably to not have to experience any inconvenience even if it means the deaths of billions of people later on. But if they are that psychopathic, then why are they not out raping and robbing all the time? Are they just worried about being caught?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Why didn’t you say that in the first place?

Because it didn't come from me

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Something about the met police not doing their job correctly, by ensuring a peaceful process can go ahead safely. 

So peaceful that over 600 have been arrested, with more to come - hopefully.

Extinction Rebellion or XR as they now like to be called, is an offshoot of Rising Up, who's manifesto states " all private businesses must be abolished and it should be illegal for any enterprise other than the State and local co-operatives to create the Nation's money. "  One of Rising Up's founders Roger Hallam is now a key figure in XR.

The former Met Police counter-terror chief Richard Walton had a report published this year showing that XR aims to achieve a total breakdown of the State and Democracy. 

And there are some on this forum who would defend this rabble, shame on you. 

Angel1.

Talking about immature, delusional and mentally unstable - a grown Extinction Rebellion man laying on the road crying. Two Extinction Rebellion women claiming that the world will have ended due to climate change in ten years time. 

Extinction Rebellion is a doomsday cult that overwhelmingly attracts the wealthy white middle-class. Many New Age movements and cults have particularly appealed to this group, as the affluent middle-class suffer no material deprivation but frequently experience a sense of spiritual deprivation due to their high consumption lifestyles - which have always been at the expense of the working class, whom they despise.

Edited by Car Boot

Those who are doing the protesting are those with the biggest carbon footprints and are most responsible for climate change. 

Middle-class environmental fascists dictating how the working class must live. 

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The former Met Police counter-terror chief Richard Walton had a report published this year showing that XR aims to achieve a total breakdown of the State and Democracy. .

I think that the word you meant to use there was ‘claiming’ rather than ‘showing’.

Interesting how all the right-wingers on here are really getting their panties up in a bunch about XR. You guys are the past and are rapidly being left behind. This movement is growing rapidly and will continue to grow with or without your support.

Sit and snipe from the sidelines, nobody cares You are now irrelevant.

40 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Those who are doing the protesting are those with the biggest carbon footprints and are most responsible for climate change. 

i know a few people who've been on these protests.

you're wrong.

(small sample size accepted)

i note you aren't even attempting to engage with their message, you're all about the ad-hom...

Edited by ads36

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think that the word you meant to use there was ‘claiming’ rather than ‘showing’.

Interesting how all the right-wingers on here are really getting their panties up in a bunch about XR. You guys are the past and are rapidly being left behind. This movement is growing rapidly and will continue to grow with or without your support.

Sit and snipe from the sidelines, nobody cares You are now irrelevant.

No, you are wrong again, the reports says - as I posted, SHOWING that XR  aims to achieve a total breakdown of the State and Democracy. 

As for me been irrelevant, your choice of words, as I have told you before, tell someone who gives a damn what you waffle on about, your opinion is worthless to me in every context imaginable. As before, I prefer your space to your company.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

45 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As for me been irrelevant, your choice of words, as I have told you before, tell someone who gives a damn what you waffle on about, your opinion is worthless to me in every context imaginable.

That doesn’t change the fact that you represent a past that we shall never return to, despite Brexit and Trump!

You can’t undo progress. You can’t unlearn what has been learned.