Climate change protests

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Would you like it if they continued? By the looks of it, they should do as this thread seems to suggest the message wasn’t received. Lots of faux outrage for people who they don’t know who were late for work though.

Hope they try again soon.

Yes and cost the country many more millions for nothing

17 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

The point they were making was (the theory of anthropogenic) climate change? I think the government already know about that. Did they really think gluing themselves to things for a few days would achieve anything?

Greta Thunberg the young woman who kick started the schools strikes got to meet with Michael Gove, as did members of extinction rebellion, to his credit. So yes, it did achieve something.

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It's not for nothing hacks. We're a democracy where protest isn't just part of the system, democracy itself was achieved by civil disobedience.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Greta Thunberg the young woman who kick started the schools strikes got to meet with Michael Gove, as did members of extinction rebellion, to his credit. Do yes, it did achieve something.

A meeting is not an achievement. What have they actually achieved? What do they actually WANT to achieve?

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

A meeting is not an achievement. What have they actually achieved? What do they actually WANT to achieve?

I think what they hope to achieve have been published in the papers.

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You could say that about any protest.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think what they hope to achieve have been published in the papers.

What's one of their specific goals then?

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Greta Thunberg the young woman who kick started the schools strikes got to meet with Michael Gove, as did members of extinction rebellion, to his credit. So yes, it did achieve something.

It's not for nothing hacks. We're a democracy where protest isn't just part of the system, democracy itself was achieved by civil disobedience.

Fair enough . What  have they actually achieved ?

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

What's one of their specific goals then?

Look it up on Google! I ain't doing your work for you.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Fair enough . What  have they actually achieved ?

Well they've certainly brought the attention of climate change to the headlines.

Just now, Mister M said:

You mean you can't, because they don't have any. So they had no goals to achieve, and they succeeded in achieving nothing. All back to normal now.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well they've certainly brought the attention of climate change to the headlines.

So it wasn't in the headlines before ?  No one had brought this to the worlds attention before ?  Really

Just now, hackey lad said:

So it wasn't in the headlines before ?  No one had brought this to the worlds attention before ?  Really

Well, it’s suffiently unimportant to Donald trump to pull out of the Paris agreement so I’d suggest governments could do a bit more. And they won’t do that without a push.

10 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

You mean you can't, because they don't have any. So they had no goals to achieve, and they succeeded in achieving nothing. All back to normal now.

They have 3 goals. They've broken them down in to 3 small and easy bitesize chunks. So even someone who thinks they're cleverer than Diane Abbott can understand them.

https://rebellion.earth/the-truth/demands/

Wasn't difficult to find. Just typed in Extinction Rebellion into the search engine. :) 

I'll assume your lack of response to me is because you're reading up on their goals, not because you've flounced off in a huff because your poor attempt at catching me out failed :P

Edited by Mister M