Climate change protests

Does anybody really believe that China, India or the US is at all concerned by a bunch of over-privileged middle class UK professional activists who have alienated almost everybody who doesn't fully agree with them?

Edited by Car Boot

Only a tiny bit of attention has been on climate change.

The majority of the attention, by far, has been on travel chaos, arrests and the police. 

The world is not going to end in 10-12 years time despite what these over privileged protesters may say.

I can understand the anxiety of the protestors, who face a bleak future but they're wasting their time by calling for global action on climate change because it isn't going to happen. They won't stop the population of Africa from doubling every 25 years, the loggers from destroying the rain forests or developing nations prioritizing economic growth over the environment. They need to focus on their future lives in this country and realize that the biggest threat stems from the population size which was 45 million after the war and has now risen to 67 million due to decades of unsustainable immigration.

The Head of the Environment Agency recently predicted that our reservoirs will run dry in 25 years, due to a combination of climate change and population size but as things seem to be happening quicker than the experts forecast, it'll probably happen a lot sooner, especially if hundreds of thousands of extra people continue to come here every year. These young protestors need to cure themselves of the political correctness that prevents them from facing up to the harsh reality of the long term consequences of large scale immigration and start protesting outside parliament, demanding an immediate end to it, because every extra person coming here brings the day when those reservoirs run dry a little closer.

I know its difficult to keep the topics separate, but please try to remember that this thread is about the protests. If you want to discuss climate change itself then theres a dedicated thread for that.

Thank you.

I would have thought these environmental protesters might have tidied up after themselves and taken their rubbish home to be recycled.

But no.

They've left it all over the streets to be cleaned up at the expense of the taxpayer. I guess being concerned about climate change means you don't have to put your rubbish into a bin.

I wonder how many people will lose their jobs due to the damage caused by the disruption to the already struggling retail sector?

I wonder how many violent and non-violent crimes have happened due to police resources being diverted?

I wonder how many ambulances failed to get to people on time?

These selfish, over privileged, protesters have tried to shut down a major city and the very serious consequences of their actions will be revealed over the coming days, weeks and months. 

Edited by Car Boot

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Wrong thread for Brexit  , bang on about it elsewhere .  What has this protest achieved other than  huge cost to the country ?

Raised awareness  , seriously .  These same people have been raising the same old  awareness for decades now.  What has this week achieved ?

Raise a bit more. That's all they can do, that's all anyone can - it's not subject that's going to go away or get better.

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I wonder how many people will lose their jobs due to the damage caused by the disruption to the already struggling retail sector?

I wonder how many violent and non-violent crimes have happened due to police resources being diverted?

I wonder how many ambulances failed to get to people on time?

These selfish, over privileged, protesters have tried to shut down a major city and the very serious consequences of their actions will be revealed over the coming days, weeks and months. 

So you don't think climate change is important?

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Raise a bit more. That's all they can do, that's all anyone can - it's not subject that's going to go away or get better.

So you don't think climate change is important?

I believe that equality and tackling poverty are much more important. Getting a progressive government into power.

I think the climate change protests have shown a contempt for the lives of working class Londoners.

Edited by Car Boot

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

I believe that equality and tackling poverty are much more important. Getting a progressive government into power.

I think the climate change protests have shown a contempt for the lives of the working class in London.

So nobody gets mugged when there is a brexit March And the police are looking after them? Those police resources well spent?

The climate change activists should be targeting the wealthy. Those who use private jets and helicopters to get around - such as the carbon criminal Prince Harry and his climate destroying family. Instead they target working class people on public transport and those who use charter flights to go on holiday once a year.

Edited by Car Boot

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The climate change activists should be targeting the wealthy. Those who use private jets and helicopters to get around - such as the carbon criminal Prince Harry and his climate destroying family. Instead they target working class people on public transport and those who use charter flights to go on holiday once a year.

Yeah, they should. It would be a start.

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So nobody gets mugged when there is a brexit March And the police are looking after them? Those police resources well spent?

What on earth are you talking about?

You simply cannot compare a Brexit march to attempts to blockade a city and shut down London.

https://rebellion.earth/event/uk-rebellion-shut-down-london/https://rebellion.earth/event/uk-rebellion-shut-down-london/

Edited by Car Boot