Climate change protests

2 hours ago, ads36 said:

this one's walking the walk.

Q : are we doing enough yet?

A : No - sounds like we need a few more girls who want to change the world.

I'd go even further and say that wanting is not enough. We need to act and we need to find someone pushing REASONABLE actions. Which unfortunately most of the activists don't do.

Edited by Branyy

10 minutes ago, Branyy said:

We need to act and we need to find someone pushing REASONABLE actions. Which unfortunately most of the activists don't do.

why are we blaming the protesters for the lack of action?

action can only come from those with the power to enact: Governments, councils, etc.

Edited by ads36

7 minutes ago, ads36 said:

why are we blaming the protesters for the lack of action?

action can only come from those with the power to enact: Governments, councils, etc.

I stressed REASONABLE action.

27 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

They got everything they deserved. 

The public fight back. 

Extrajudicial beatings are something you approve of.. Figures.

On 14/10/2019 at 09:21, ads36 said:

the people organising this/these protests will be working full time. £400/week is more or less the national average.

I suspect it's less, when you consider that people on an average salary will also be accumulating pension contributions. i'll eat my hat if there's an extinction-rebellion pension plan!

so, less than average 'salary' for organising a successful national campaign... what's the problem again?

for a lefty, our comrade mr boot does seem to get an awful lot of his outrage straight off the front page of the daily mail...

if they're only in it for the money, then oil-funded science denial is much more profitable.

Legally as an employer they would have to offer one though :)

43 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

The public fight back. 

Didn't deserve to get a kicking, but stopping a service that keeps cars of the roads is monumentally stupid. Did anyone think that through?

sounds like the mis-management of the Extinction Rebellion said 'don't do this'

but some of the minions didn't listen.

i'm sure that some people on this thread have thought that i'm somehow aligned with X-R.

i'm not, and this kind of dumb-ness isn't helping.

Edited by ads36

"Passengers on the packed platform, sensing they’re now going nowhere, react furiously. A voice can be heard shouting: “I need to get to work! I have to feed my kids!” One man, boosted by the crowd, grabs for the protester’s legs; the protester appears to kick out towards his head. The protester is white. The man below him is black. The protester is quickly dragged down into a surging crowd, rescued only by the intervention of other passengers and a London Underground worker."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/17/extinction-rebellion-canning-town-well-off-people

The non diverse affluent middle class fascists of Extinction Rebellion are disrupting public transport used by the low paid diverse working class.

What we are witnessing is a class war where a diverse and downtrodden working class is starting to fight back against the white middle class privilege that has kept them poor and trapped in poor quality jobs all of their lives. 

Exinction Rebellion Fascist Scum Off Our Streets

Called it.  Said that this would happen.

These morons have gone too far.  Its no longer a legitimate protest to raise awareness.  Its now turned into deliberate public disruption and the public are fighting back.

You can only push people too far before they snap.  XR credibility is shot.

Even their publicity whore celebrity followers have been forced to eat humble pie.

Edited by ECCOnoob

7 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

The public fight back. 

About time. These creatures cannot be allowed to disrupt people lives. Protest in a football stadium or park or wasteland, any where that does not disturb, block or stop the public  right of way.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Called it.  Said that this would happen.

These morons have gone too far.  Its no longer a legitimate protest to raise awareness.  Its now turned into deliberate public disruption and the public are fighting back.

You can only push people too far before they snap.  XR credibility is shot.

Even their publicity whore celebrity followers have been forced to eat humble pie.

XR will be just a bad memory this time next year.

An example of how NOT to raise awareness about climate change.