Climate change protests

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

I think that fascists always have their dupes.

Extinction Rebellion is a well funded organisation, capitalists with very deep pockets are funding it. 

It is very fond of flags and imagery bearing it's symbol, which is strikingly close to a swastika.

It's protests are overwhelmingly white, in fact I've never seen so many white people together in one place. It makes Tommy Robinson marches look positively diverse.

Extinction Rebellion wishes to dictate how people should live their lives. It is Eco-fascists on the march. When fascism seriously returned, it was always going to be as a street movement based on environmentalism.

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

I think that fascists always have their dupes.

Extinction Rebellion is a well funded organisation, capitalists with very deep pockets are funding it. 

It is very fond of flags and imagery bearing it's symbol, which is strikingly close to a swastika.

It's protests are overwhelmingly white, in fact I've never seen so many white people together in one place. It makes Tommy Robinson marches look positively diverse.

Extinction Rebellion wishes to dictate how people should live their lives. It is Eco-fascists on the march. When fascism seriously returned, it was always going to be as a street movement based on environmentalism.

A 91 year old bloke with a walking stick?

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

A 91 year old bloke with a walking stick?

How many elderly Germans voted for and supported Hitler?

Lots.

Age is no barrier to political sympathies.

The indoctrinated Greta Thunberg would have been a great role model for the brainwashed zombies of the Hitler Youth.

It won't be long until the brainwashed zombies of Extinction Rebellion use violence as a tool to achieve their aims.

Edited by Car Boot

37 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

When fascism seriously returned, it was always going to be as a street movement based on environmentalism.

No - as a government behaving like elected dictators.

Edited by Longcol

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

That would make a bit more sense if the vast majority of environmentalists were not also anti capitalists.

I take my hat off to you sir, your trolling is of a very high standard! 😂👍

59 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That would make a bit more sense if the vast majority of environmentalists were not also anti capitalists.

I take my hat off to you sir, your trolling is of a very high standard! 😂👍

When it suits then. Had to laugh today watching  the news seeing these so called "Anti Capitalists" stood around drinking their Costa Coffee whilst filming the protests on their I Phones.  Hypocrites, the lot of em. 

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Anti Capitalists" stood around drinking their Costa Coffee 

I drink Costa Coffee and have two iPhones and I’m an anti-capitalist.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

7 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

When it suits then. Had to laugh today watching  the news seeing these so called "Anti Capitalists" stood around drinking their Costa Coffee whilst filming the protests on their I Phones.  Hypocrites, the lot of em. 

I don't think they were thinking of banning coffee were they? It would be nice if Apple made their iPhones a little more future proof though.

56 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Why does that make them hypocrites?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I drink Costa Coffee and have two iPhones and I’m an anti-capitalist.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

In a word....Yes.    Apple's reputation and practices on both its labour and tax affairs is well known.     Anti-capitalist but quite happy to feed the coffers of the 6th biggest company in the world.     Protestors seem also to buy coffee from just one of many subsidary companies overlorded by a fizzy beverage conglomorate which last year had revenues of over $31 billion.

If people have these so called strong anti-capitalist principles why do they ignore the little man.  Why did you not choose a phone product from one of them?    Why not get a coffe from the nice independant cafe? 

At least some of us are up front about our acceptance of the murky world of business and global markets.  

If people want to be all eco warrior and anti-capitalist that's fine.  But they should at least have to balls to commit to it fully.     Cant be picking and choosing when it suits.

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What about the little man.  Why did you not choose a phone product from one of them? 

Like who? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Like who? 🤣

Doro, Alcatel, Oppo, Honor, Sony, LG.