Climate change protests

'Extinction Rebellion' is yet another middle class front which seeks to attack working class people and deprive them of their livelihood. It demands that workers give up their foreign holidays - while the affluent middle class eco warriors continue to enjoy their expensive carbon destroying exotic holidays.

We've had enough of privileged bourgeoisie posh boys and girls lecturing us on how to vote and how to live. Our patience is wearing thin.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I guess that means you don't use fossil fuels to heat your home, power your electricity or transport yourself about?

No foreign holidays either.

Or you'll be just like the wealthy 'Extinction Rebellion' hypocrites who claim to be protecting the planet by disrupting the lives of workers while enjoying a nice affluent middle class carbon destroying lifestyle.

So carry on as normal then right? 

8 hours ago, Car Boot said:

'Extinction Rebellion' is yet another middle class front which seeks to attack working class people and deprive them of their livelihood. It demands that workers give up their foreign holidays - while the affluent middle class eco warriors continue to enjoy their expensive carbon destroying exotic holidays.

We've had enough of privileged bourgeoisie posh boys and girls lecturing us on how to vote and how to live. Our patience is wearing thin.

How does one set have holidays and the other doesn't?

17 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ok, let's say they renounce their phones, wear sackcloth and live in cave.

What are you going to do?

Applaud.  But since thats never going to happen I'm more than comfortable pointing out the hypocrisy is faults in their demands.

36 minutes ago, geared said:

Applaud.  But since thats never going to happen I'm more than comfortable pointing out the hypocrisy is faults in their demands.

So, as above, ignore the message, shoot the messengers carry on as we are.

I hear David Attenborough has an iPhone. We'd better ignore him as well. 

If you're going to try and cripple a city with completely unrealistic demands then yes, you do get ignored.

Worse still you really annoy the general public and risk losing the message in an endless stream of idiots gluing themselves to things.

Climate change is a serious issue, these people are total idiots.

35 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So, as above, ignore the message, shoot the messengers carry on as we are.

I hear David Attenborough has an iPhone. We'd better ignore him as well. 

Wonder how many air miles he has under his belt.

The size of a person's carbon footprint is determined by their socioeconomic status. Wealthy people produce more carbon pollution, even if they recycle and buy organic.

Study after study has shown that the primary determinant of a person’s carbon footprint is INCOME.

To seriously combat climate change 'Extinction Rebellion" and similar groups should be aware that while they're destroying the livelihoods of poor people they themselves are greatly responsible for climate change. Why aren't they campaigning against themselves and their wealthy parents for destroying the planet?

Edited by Car Boot

14 hours ago, Car Boot said:

These affluent middle class protestors, who disrupt the lives of working class people trying to earn a living, self indulgently dictate how others should live their lives.

The protestors air miles are probably sky high as they regularly jet away on carbon destroying exotic holidays, such as the posh Robin Boardman-Pattison, who walked off Sky News. This 'Extinction Rebellion' eco warrior was educated at the £17,500 per year boys-only Trinity School in Croydon, and regularly goes on far flung foreign holidays involving palm trees and ski slopes.

I guess it's not climate change when mummy and daddy pay for it. 

Perhaps some of them are middle class. Is that a crime?

I'd rather focus on what their message is; to do otherwise would make look like i had a chip on my shoulder.

Why havnt we got the Water Cannons out to get rid of these old Hippies ? 

Edited by Penistone999

8 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Why havnt we got the Water Cannons out to get rid of these old Hippies ? 

Because Theresa May quite sensibly banned their use after Boris Johnson spent a lot of public money purchasing them.