Climate change protests

Thanks for getting me a warning at work for being late due to your "awareness" antics this morning clogging up the parkway.

wonder how many of them drove to it 

Or used Polluting Diesel Buses??

Thankfully I narrowly avoided it by seeing the backlog and taking an alternate route to work but it's just a joke really. I mean protesting about climate change? I thought we'd done with all that in the early 2000s 

27 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Thanks for getting me a warning at work for being late due to your "awareness" antics this morning clogging up the parkway.

wonder how many of them drove to it 

12 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Thankfully I narrowly avoided it by seeing the backlog and taking an alternate route to work but it's just a joke really. I mean protesting about climate change? I thought we'd done with all that in the early 2000s 

It's attitudes like this that make climate change protests necessary.

You know something Halibut, i just knew you would be along with some sarky comment designed to not even contribute to the conversation.

Tell you what, why not tell us exactly what the "protest" achieved this morning? we are all aware of climate change issues, a bunch of people causing massive pollution 5 miles back (considering traffic was stood still at Catcliffe on the parkway) They caused jack all and when "Dr Bing" was interviewed he came across as a snowflake pillock whos answer to "what about the people sat in cars with engines idling" just replied "they should turn their engines off" or when the interviewer pointed out that a Dr was in the traffic trying to get to his patients replied "its a small inconveniance". Tell that to the people trying to get to work, back home from work, kids to school, hospital appointments.

Do you think anyone going for a DWP assessment this morning will be ok because they missed their time spot, but hey, they also have a sh*t attitude don't they Halibut?

Take the example set by the children who went and protested outside the town hall instead of alienating a shed load of potential supporters. Or even go and do it outside the taxi rank where cars sit idling all day.

My attitude as you put it is very clear, i support recylcing, i try to do my bit where possible to reduce my carbon emissions but lets be honest when China is producing over 8 times the amount of CO2 emissions that the UK is doing (source EU Edgar report 2013, probably higher now) what positive impact will a group of people stopping traffic have? 

what good has this done? simple question

Edited by sheffbag

Complete waste of time and they’ve done more damage to their cause than good - with a lot of people angry at them. Causing needless traffic congestion which in turn has caused more pollution, very clever thinking 🤔 

I wonder if they're going to stage a protest outside Jessops Hospital and try and get people to have fewer kids?  That would reduce carbon emissions much more than leaving your car at home...

What a perfect excuse for Sheffield Council to introduce a "congestion charge",and in doing so retailers will have an excuse to raise prices,and the bus companies,taxi's etc etc...  ......bet some councillor 's thought of it already..;)

3 minutes ago, euclid said:

What a perfect excuse for Sheffield Council to introduce a "congestion charge",and in doing so retailers will have an excuse to raise prices,and the bus companies,taxi's etc etc...  ......bet some councillor 's thought of it already..;)

You are aware plans for a clean air charging zone were approved last year right?

Edited by geared

35 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

what good has this done? simple question

Well you are talking about it.

Protests like this arent designed to win support there are designed to cause disruption.

Like the lorry drivers on the M1 the idea is to get the politicians talking about the issues.