May local elections

On 21/03/2019 at 06:24, El Cid said:

I organised a litter pick last year, but only myself turned up; I am thinking about another one in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn’t put that in your manifesto, to be honest. 

Turnout will be abysmal , people are sick of it at the moment.

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Although this year, the candidates address doesn't have to be on the papers so...

I think that is very regrettable, we should ALL be open and honest, my name and address will be on.

You may think that, right up to the point the far left or far right put a brick through your window....

2 hours ago, Obelix said:

You may think that, right up to the point the far left or far right put a brick through your window....

It worked before, are we all less safe, or just our representatives?

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think that is very regrettable, we should ALL be open and honest, my name and address will be on.

Tell that to Anna Soubry.

I really don't like the woman but it was actually quite upsetting to hear her talk about the death threat that was sent to her home address last week. You could tell that behind the front she was actually very scared and has been told to stay away from home this week by police.

Obviously this is just a precaution but she must know that if anyone is actually murdered by the far right, her and Dianne Abbott are top two on the list. 😢

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Tell that to Anna Soubry.

I really don't like the woman but it was actually quite upsetting to hear her talk about the death threat that was sent to her home address last week. You could tell that behind the front she was actually very scared and has been told to stay away from home this week by police.

Obviously this is just a precaution but she must know that if anyone is actually murdered by the far right, her and Dianne Abbott are top two on the list. 😢

This is one reason why it was brought in

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

It worked before, are we all less safe, or just our representatives?

I'm afraid political extremism and intolerance has risen massively in recent years. Hence Trump and brexit

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

I'm afraid political extremism and intolerance has risen massively in recent years. Hence Trump and brexit

The everyday thoughts of people are now online, have we all got that one friend that would be happy with the penal system of 100 years ago where hands would be chopped off for theft. The person is no longer a bloke down the pub, but an online menace.

The intolerance spouted in these forums, and how quickly people turn to hyperbole and twisting peoples words, shows the spiteful nature of many people, regardless of their political stance.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

The everyday thoughts of people are now online, have we all got that one friend that would be happy with the penal system of 100 years ago where hands would be chopped off for theft. The person is no longer a bloke down the pub, but an online menace.

I'm afraid it's worse in everyday life, was talking about an old wooden warship down south with a couple of customers the other day. And they said it should be brought back into service against immigrants in dingys. I had to bite my tongue. Sadly it's all fueled by our friendly right wing press like the sun and the mail, now the general public are obsessively intolerant