Cladding in bathroom or tiiling

Hi i am looking for advice we are  having a new bathroom and think of having it claded instead of tiled  as told by shop this is the way to go now .

A friend told me you are are always wiping it to keep it clean anybody had it done. I   am  a bit old hat myself but like to keep up with the times cheers 

Spider

I fitted some for an elderly gent and it went on great,never had any issues with it. Edge sealing is about as difficult as it gets tbh. Quicker than tiles as wqell.

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

I   am  a bit old hat myself but like to keep up with the times cheers 

But it will only be keeping up with the times until something new comes along, or tiles come back into fashion.

It's you who will be using the bathroom, not some random salesperson in a shop. If you want tiles, have tiles. 😀

Of course it's a personal choice but I would always go for tiles.

I always think, go with the tried and tested method.   Tiles will never go out of fashion and nowadays there is so much choice in colour and texture.  

Got cladding in my bathroom ,wont have it again as  slightest knock leaves a dent in it and it has to be cut millimetre perfect 

I looked at the cladding but think I will go with tiles. I might have the ceiling  cladding slats about 4 inches wide which look good, a neighbour has them in the bathroom.

On 20/03/2019 at 11:22, spider1 said:

Hi i am looking for advice we are  having a new bathroom and think of having it claded instead of tiled  as told by shop this is the way to go now .

A friend told me you are are always wiping it to keep it clean anybody had it done. I   am  a bit old hat myself but like to keep up with the times cheers 

Spider

It wasn't a shop in Woodseats that recommended this was it?

On 20/03/2019 at 11:22, spider1 said:

Spider

Does the bathroom shop not sell tiles but happens to sell the cladding?....

You don't see cladding to the walls in many new-builds for a reason- people want tiles!

On 21/03/2019 at 19:38, amazon123 said:

It wasn't a shop in Woodseats that recommended this was it?

Yes it was recomended it 

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Yes it was recomended it 

Trust me on this. Don't touch them with a barge pole. Get tiles, and use a different company.

Will  do no prob  

I'd have paint on the walls where it's practical, tiles where it's not. Being able to change the colour of the bathroom is a nice option to have. 

Leave the plastic bathrooms to Ibis etc.