Rivelin Valley Road

CYCLISTS: BAH.......Why do you wish to ride around drawing attention to yourself on a mode of transport invented before the motor vehicle, an obsolete form of transport that annoys all car owners throughout the world. Try a set of four wheels and get up to date.

Please get the 'penny farthings' off the road.....

CYCLISTS: BAH.......Why do you wish to ride around drawing attention to yourself on a mode of transport invented before the motor vehicle, an obsolete form of transport that annoys all car owners throughout the world. Try a set of four wheels and get up to date.

I hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek...

Not me.... don't speak for me!

She's not going to need that keep net. Her bait's far too smelly.

Well there is indeed something in my mouth at the present time:)

having ridden the road now around 4 times per week in both directions for the last 4 months, I must say even after high winds and heavy rain the edges of the road are rideable and the debris in most places minimal. The problem at present is that the bases of the trees are sprouting into the roadway leading to me having to move out into the main carriageway, which presumably is where I should be anyway, but it does feel safer on the inside of the rumble strip.

I admit once you get onto Manchester road out towards Hollow meadows I do feel a lot more vulnerable, with the speed of traffic and some inconsiderate drivers. the debris from recent crashes scattered on the kerb does highlight your fragility on a bike.

Went that way this evening for the scenic route home from work out along Rivelin and up Wyming Brook to Ringinglow

I did notice the debris was less than autumn time (understandably) but I noticed when I rode in the edge, overtakes were faster and closer (the "magic protection" of a white line of paint) then when I moved out onto the main carriageway

OK, not the most scientific of studies admittedly but results as expected..

Please, this is a family forum.

It's a 40 limit before the cameras.

40mph limit starts at the first bend past the entrance to the park , from Malin Bridge up past the fire station to the park it's 30mph

well everyone has to earn a living.

It's a 40 limit before the cameras.

The 40 MPH limit is clearly depicted just before Hagg Hill.

The 40 MPH limit is clearly depicted just before Hagg Hill.

..which is before the cameras

Sorry Squiggs I seem to have missed your point.....