Rivelin Valley Road

Looks as though reducing the speed limit to 40 along this road hasn't made any difference to the number of people driving their cars into trees etc. This morning there was a car backwards in the ditch just before the old hospital.

On 22/03/2019 at 11:28, gamezone07 said:

Are the memorials for mostly bikers then? I see appalling driving by motorists

Problem is, a hardish knock on a car and with the air bags the occupants will have a great chance of surviving. A hardish knock on a motorcycle and you can ring for the undertaker, sad but very true.

Angel1.

I am really concerned about the speed of motorbikes and cars on Rivelin Valley Road especially from Malin Bridge up to the speed camera lower down a Rivelin Valley Road. I have contacted the council twice about asking for a speed camera for the section by the zebra crossing ( just by the fire station) as school children and adults use this section quite a bit including in the evenings when a lot of the speeding happens.  

I am am considering contacting a local councillor about it and setting up a petition if they are not able to help. I have also contacted the police 101 number and all they said was they can’t  do anything without the registration numbers of the speeding vehicles. No one from the police side has offered to minor the problem by patrolling the road during the sunny weekends and summer evenings when it is most dangerous. At some point I think sadly there will be another accident unless a speed camera is put up along this section. 

Any advice about who would be the best councillor to contact about the Malin Bridge end of  Rivelin Valley Road and having a speed camera put in place? Also is anyone interested in getting a petition together if they are not able to help?

1 hour ago, caleb said:

I am really concerned about the speed of motorbikes and cars on Rivelin Valley Road especially from Malin Bridge up to the speed camera lower down a Rivelin Valley Road. I have contacted the council twice about asking for a speed camera for the section by the zebra crossing ( just by the fire station) as school children and adults use this section quite a bit including in the evenings when a lot of the speeding happens.  

I am am considering contacting a local councillor about it and setting up a petition if they are not able to help. I have also contacted the police 101 number and all they said was they can’t  do anything without the registration numbers of the speeding vehicles. No one from the police side has offered to minor the problem by patrolling the road during the sunny weekends and summer evenings when it is most dangerous. At some point I think sadly there will be another accident unless a speed camera is put up along this section. 

Any advice about who would be the best councillor to contact about the Malin Bridge end of  Rivelin Valley Road and having a speed camera put in place? Also is anyone interested in getting a petition together if they are not able to help?

This section used to be covered, occasionally, by visits from the mobile speed camera. I rarely use that bit of Road now, so don’t know if they still go there.

Most (LOCAL) folk know about that road.  The Bikers and Car drivers slow down...But once passed the speed camera...Different story.!

2 hours ago, FinBak said:

Most (LOCAL) folk know about that road.  The Bikers and Car drivers slow down...But once passed the speed camera...Different story.!

All the way to the junction with the A57.

Why bother?

Edited by Longcol

I'm not sure what you mean by that?..Why bother with what?.

If I had a close family member die in a road traffic accident I definitely would not have a shrine to them on the spot where they died.

There looks to have been a crash involving a motorcyclist at the junction of Hollins Lane/Walkley Bank Road. At that same spot there is a car embedded in the bushes with Police tape around that has been there since yesterday. People don't seem to be negotiating that junction very well.

Edit - no point in replying to a post 4 years old.

Edited by Cyclone

On 27/06/2019 at 09:30, Cyclone said:

Edit - no point in replying to a post 4 years old.

Why not.Still relevant and on subject.Cars still belting round that bend far too fast and risking collisions with backed up traffic turning right to Hollins Lane or coming out of Walkley Bank Road.

Edited by RJRB

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

Why not.Still relevant and on subject.Cars still belting round that bend far too fast and risking collisions with backed up traffic turning right to Hollins Lane or coming out of Walkley Bank Road.

Cant educate thickos with a speed limit sign. I was always taught not to drive at such a speed where you wouldnt be able to stop in the space of the clear road ahead of you.  On a bend the amount of clear road reduces- one reason any half decent drives slows down  for a corner.

The car embedded in the bushes the other day was a BMW. Need I say more 🤐