Rivelin Valley Road

On 28/06/2019 at 13:53, RJRB said:

Why not.Still relevant and on subject.Cars still belting round that bend far too fast and risking collisions with backed up traffic turning right to Hollins Lane or coming out of Walkley Bank Road.

Well, I meant that there was no point to the reply that I had written, and so I removed it and just left that comment.

Well today I spotted my neighbour at the corner of Tofts Lane where it joins Rivelin Valley Road and he was looking at the damage to the Road sign that was ripped from its posts ,and both posts well and truly out of the ground.I am unable to establish the type of vehicle or even which way it was travelling.Over the last two months on different days there has been a big increase in bikes and cars hitting this bend  and using it as a slingshot effect for vehicles coming up as well as going down. I will be surprised if we go the entire summer without a fatality .I just hope that the speeding vehicle is the only one affected by any fatality if it happens.

Don't the council, or whoever it is, do audits of road signage? I think its laughable that there is a sign on Rivellin valley road warning of ice!

21 hours ago, Nightbird said:

Don't the council, or whoever it is, do audits of road signage? I think its laughable that there is a sign on Rivellin valley road warning of ice!

There is a Very Good reason for THAT sign... i'll have you know. !  It's for when I am travelling along that road.  I'm just so cool you see.8):D