Chromebook suggestions

I have a lenovo laptop which is more than adequate for my usage, plus a secondary laptop for work  - spreadsheets,word etc.

I seldom use the lenovo laptop as a computer for doing any work on it as such. ALmost everything is done on line, emails, banking etc in fact it has ebay,SF and yahoo open all day. Then i use it as a goggle map checker when i am working my work calls, research, onlne shopping etc. However i do find that sometimes it takes it a while to boot up, the pages sometimes freeze on ebay and some programmes are slow to open for the odd photo edit/crop.

So as its birthday time soon is a chromebook a worthwhile investment ? I wondered if it might be quicker,possibly smaller whilst still letting me do what i want.

I don't have anything saved/stored etc on the harddrive of the laptop and move all photos etc to memory sticks and a usb harddrive.

I have an Asus C302CA, the M3 version and I love it.

Takes seconds to start and feels very nice to type on, the backlit keyboard is very useful.

Feels expensive being all metal, it's got a whiff of Macbook about it.

It runs the vast majority of Play store apps too, and it's touchscreen.

My other half has just bought one, instead of a Windows based computer. She recons it's great, fast to start, fast to work with and no down sides up to now. Plus I believe they don't require expensive antivirus (Norton, McAfee) either.

Angel1 

Have you (or rather can you?) upgrade the lenovo to an SSD? That makes all the difference. Family member using an Asus Notebook with Windows 10 Home on it boots instantly. A chromebook might be all you need but I will never be a Chromebook fan or their MMe clones!:gag: As I have posted elsewhere, each to their own OS (and now hardware) prejudices!

Popped and bought one whilst these messages were being placed obviously, hence late responses. Picked up an Acer spin with touch screen and stuff.

Instantly boots up and for web services has proved ideal whilst setting it up,very light and all aluminium so its having its first expedition to the Big Smoke today.

On 20/03/2019 at 09:02, willman said:

Popped and bought one whilst these messages were being placed obviously, hence late responses. Picked up an Acer spin with touch screen and stuff.

Instantly boots up and for web services has proved ideal whilst setting it up,very light and all aluminium so its having its first expedition to the Big Smoke today.

Let me know what it's like, if it's the one I saw in Currys then I'm considering getting one for the other half

seems okay for what i want if for, easy to use and connects to wifi everywhere.