14 hours ago, whitemary328 said:

Thanks for the info.  In response to Happ, my partner just likes the way I look with glasses on and I don't mind wearing them but it helps if I can see through them.  Some men take their partners some flowers after work but mine brings a new pair of specs.  

Well  . . . . that's not weird at all.

Move along everyone; nothing to see here.

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for you, may not be right for some
A man is born, he's a man of means
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine
It don't matter that you got not alot
So what
They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine
And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
Yes it does
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for you, may not be right for some
A man is born, he's a man of means
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine
It don't matter that you got not alot
So what
They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine
And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
Yes it does
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

I had to go and get my specs to read all that.👴

I have Never considered Glasses as FETISH WEAR, maybe they're like Beer Goggles ?

Maybe I should search more NET online deeper, one never knows what goes on behind closed doors...

Get rid pf him  A, S, P. what will  he be on with next have you told your parents about this 

Whitemary328 - you don’t need glasses because you are fortunate enough to have good vision. You should treasure that. You use the analogy of him buying you spectacles instead of flowers but it is incorrect because if he bought you flowers it would be for you. He is buying spectacles for him and it is to your detriment because they are impairing your vision. 

Have you asked him why he wants you to wear glasses?  You say it doesn’t bother you but it is impacting on you because you are going to great lengths to find some glasses that you can wear without discomfort, just to satisfy his desire. If you find some glasses with plain lenses will he be satisfied with your choice of frame or will he still be bringing unsuitable spectacles with his choice of frames?  

It’s your choice but it’s OK to say no, you are not going to wear glasses because  you don’t need them. Don’t be manipulated. In the words of the song, he should love you just the way you are and not try to change you into something he wants. 

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, I just want to look nice for my partner.  I only asked a question.  Anyway the new rimless ones came today and they look really nice.  I don't mind wearing them really.  As for damage to my sight, I tend to pop them on the end of my nose so I don't have to look through them that much.  My partner occasionally pushes them up over my eyes but only for a short time.  I managed to find an optician to get plain specs from and when I told them why I wanted them they said it's very common thing.

If you're wearing glasses because you like to, regardless of whether the initial suggestion was yours or you partner's then that is fine. 

Your post however came across like you are wearing glasses that hinder your sight because your partner wants you to, that is not OK. 

And I really really cringed when I read 'sometimes pushes them back up my nose..' 

If you cant see why people are concerned for you about this, and want to be sure it's your choice, you should read up on coercive control. Not because this is definitely what is happening to you but because you will understand how the wording of your post would make some people concerned for you. 

Same as i said her parents should be told as she is obviously hiding it from them whats going off

Edited by spider1

This thread has all the trappings of a Rogets type of wind up.Lol

Whitemary328 - the lady at the opticians has a point.  It would seem that some people with perfect sight use plain glass spectacles as a fashion accessory.  I am sure that you are nice enough without wearing spectacles but to prevent falls from wearing unsuitable reading glasses you are doing the right thing by buying  your own with clear glass.  That should provide enough pleasure for your partner without you risking life and limb through not being able to see properly.  If he insists that you wear the ones he has bought than carefully read saywhatnow's post, #20.  Perhaps you could consider asking him to join in and wear reading glasses too.   Your excuses and comments are a tad worrying.  Sometimes it helps to talk things through with an older, more experienced woman.  

Edited by Jomie

4 hours ago, Jomie said:

It’s your choice but it’s OK to say no, you are not going to wear glasses because  you don’t need them. Don’t be manipulated. In the words of the song, he should love you just the way you are and not try to change you into something he wants. 

She should have gone to Specsave.