2 hours ago, DT Ralge said:

I’m almost out and gone, you are shaping up like a good old-fashioned troll (I prefer “****-stirrer”) and most likely a waste of time and space (but I’ll give you the benefit of doubt)

You appear to set out to write ••••• and wait for others to take the bait.   You offer nothing other than bluster and half-insults and denigration to what could be an intelligent and sensible debate about speed and speed enforcement.  You are either pretending to be provocatively stupid (like newvanandman, tisme ... before you) for your own entertainment or you actually are.  Which is it? 

Expert in deflection?  Do you mean he/she dealt with your question/argument/valid point.  Try one, try them all - as a trainer, I’m keen to answer the usual beefs, I’ve heard them all before (well, I think I have).

You might be surprised by my answers (if you can keep your mind open for a little while) - I don’t consider myself brainwashed and welcome your ideas/questions/valid points. 

No I mean deflection as in not answering and using the "we'll come back to that later" until the point is forgotten - a classic diversionary tactic, like I said good speakers and no more.  I saw three people in a short distance last week driving whilst holding mobile phones, one in particular almost swerved into oncoming traffic at some lights due to not being fully in control, I'd consider this a far more serious incident than doing say 34 in a 35 zone - its not as easy to make money from though.

Edited by Brooker11

On 19/03/2019 at 07:54, probedb said:

Try getting on/off the ring road going through Birmingham if you think ours are bad :D You have much less time/space for the same thing.

That's actually a 30/40 limit though for a lot of it.

8 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Its not wrong in the slightest, they have been given the remit to run the courses by the bodies that set the limits, please tell your being naive on purpose.

You claimed though, way back on page one.  That these people who profit, somehow have the ability to stop speed limits being increased.  You've later attributed it to a mysterious influence.

Can you actually explain how they can influence local authorities all over the country to keep speed limits as they are?

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You claimed though, way back on page one.  That these people who profit, somehow have the ability to stop speed limits being increased.  You've later attributed it to a mysterious influence.

Can you actually explain how they can influence local authorities all over the country to keep speed limits as they are?

I didn't state that at all.

They stay as they are because people are making money and lots of it, from private individuals to local authorities and I assume the police, they are hardly going to bite the hand that feeds.

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Speed limits will never be increased from the dated levels they are currently set at whilst ever certain individuals are making themselves extremely rich out of them and a percentage of the public (mostly non drivers) are brainwashed into thinking they are actually for safety.

You most definitely said that...

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Not at all, you are obviously very. very naive if you think that the people making the dough cannot influence the people making the decisions, do you live in some parallel universe?

And this.

So the certain individuals, you are clearly attributing with the power to stop speed limits being increased.

When asked about this for several pages you eventually insult someone to call them naeve if they don't believe that through some undefined mechanism they have the power to influence decision making.

So, speed limits are decided at a local level.  Which means that you think those directors (the few people you've managed to identify as many of the course providers are local government bodies or publicly listed companies), have the power to somehow keep speed limits "down" all over the country.  Somehow stopping the local bodies from otherwise increasing speed limits.

Can you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by Cyclone

Don’t all fines from speeding go straight to the treasury,not the police and local authorities?

The proceeds from training courses are not fines though.

Edited by Cyclone

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

The proceeds from training courses are not fines though.

I was referring if some does not/ can not  take the course 

Just now, rudds1 said:

I was referring if some does not/ can not  take the course 

Yes, fine revenue goes to central government.

DT Ralge,which road into Hillsborough is 50 limit please,Penistone Road is 30 from the bridge at Wadsley Bridge to the Parkway on Derek Dooley Way?

Edited by crookes sid

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

No I mean deflection as in not answering and using the "we'll come back to that later" until the point is forgotten - a classic diversionary tactic, like I said good speakers and no more.  I saw three people in a short distance last week driving whilst holding mobile phones, one in particular almost swerved into oncoming traffic at some lights due to not being fully in control, I'd consider this a far more serious incident than doing say 34 in a 35 zone - its not as easy to make money from though.

Phone use has been and is being targeted - and this has been given more than a little press/TV coverage.   The latest cameras have sufficient definition to capture drivers on the phone and are doing so.  

Drivers are prosecuted and sent onto relevant diversionary courses.  Photographic evidence is now accepted for this and other offences whereas they used to be “observed” offences I.e. by a PC in the flesh. 

What question(s) were not answered?  Now’s your chance to ask and there is nothing on here to answer fully and honestly - the trainers have material to cover and they get heavily criticised in they allow a question or two from the floor to derail their progress through the course.  

Bear in mind also that some questions, in fairness, get asked that are so stupid that the “inclusive” way to deal with them is to answer “we’ll get to that in time ... have a word with me over coffee” (been there, done that).

7 hours ago, crookes sid said:

DT Ralge,which road into Hillsborough is 50 limit please,Penistone Road is 30 from the bridge at Wadsley Bridge to the Parkway on Derek Dooley Way?

Sorry, in my rush to write and go - I meant the road from J36 of M1 into town. 

18 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Its not wrong in the slightest, they have been given the remit to run the courses by the bodies that set the limits, please tell your being naive on purpose.

You tell me how the make drivers break the limit, I never said it. I did say the limits do not reflect the technology of modern cars and are totally outdated.

Yep, I’ve heard similar assertions quite a lot in the past. 

No doubt vehicle technology has contributed massively to the reduction in road deaths.

But please be bold and specific in this assertion - so that you can’t be accused of making unsubstantiated assertions, what advancements make the speed limits outdated?  

why?  how?

i ask since your assertion (so often repeated it’s become a cliché) stems from the base of your belief system and needs analysing ... and I’ve got the time and patience for analysis.