8 minutes ago, crookes sid said:

The authorities appear to condone their speed as cannot remember speed enforcement vans on either road.

Well there is the 40 camera going into town, I too had not seen a mobile camera until January this year which parked in the layby opposite Greggs/BK catching people going out of city.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/here-is-every-mobile-speed-camera-location-in-sheffield-next-week-1-9532207

cameras should be everywhere on the street if we want to make the law working) people don't like to behave correctly all the time

Speed limits will never be increased from the dated levels they are currently set at whilst ever certain individuals are making themselves extremely rich out of them and a percentage of the public (mostly non drivers) are brainwashed into thinking they are actually for safety.

27 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Speed limits will never be increased from the dated levels they are currently set at whilst ever certain individuals are making themselves extremely rich out of them and a percentage of the public (mostly non drivers) are brainwashed into thinking they are actually for safety.

Please let us know which individuals are raking it in ...

28 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Go on - don't be shy - name names 😎

12 minutes ago, DT Ralge said:

Please let us know which individuals are raking it in ...

At the time of writing there are 24 accredited course operators. That includes three private sector organisations (including AA DriveTech and TTC Group), five police forces (including Lancashire, Merseyside, Humberside, Cheshire and Northamptonshire and 15 local authorities. All of them can generate very substantial profits above the costs incurred in providing the courses. For example, Hertfordshire County Council generated a surplus of £947,000 in 2015/2016 by delivering 1,891 courses attended by 41,641 drivers giving income of £3.7 million (source: Local Transport Today - more information is available on the AMPOW speed-awareness campaign blog). The police and local authorities may well spend some of the surplus from running courses on road safety measures (there is no legal obligation to do so) but private sector operators can simply lose the profits in high salaries and directors fees. 

Google should tell you the directors of AA DriveTech who I believe pocketed £5m each from the courses in one year.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

Google should tell you the directors of AA DriveTech who I believe pocketed £5m each from the courses in one year.

And how do they decide on the setting of speed limits - and more to the point - how do they make drivers break the speed limits?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

And how do they decide on the setting of speed limits - and more to the point - how do they make drivers break the speed limits?

Speed limits were set in the early '60, I doubt any other guidelines for machinery that were set nearly 60 years ago still stand.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

... or decide where the cameras are?

1 minute ago, DT Ralge said:

... or decide where the cameras are?

They don't need to make these decisions, they profit from the ridiculous courses.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

Speed limits were set in the early '60, I doubt any other guidelines for machinery that were set nearly 60 years ago still stand.

You haven't answered the question.

How do the Directors of AA Drive Tech influence the settting of speed limits, and how do they ensure drivers break them?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

You haven't answered the question.

How do the Directors of AA Drive Tech influence the settting of speed limits, and how do they ensure drivers break them?

I've answered above. I'm guessing your a non driver?