DO WE BLADES NOW CHEER THE OWLS ?

The Owls are on a roll, and have both Leeds and Norwich to play, the Owls therefore have a say in the automatic play off positions, if the Owls won both it would help the Blades quest for an automatic place, and help the Owls quest for a play off place.

Hence the thread ..do we Blades now cheer on the Owls???

what a season for Sheffield if the club double came off, sending a real message to the footballing world.

In my opinion Preston will also have a say in the run in, playing many of the top teams while also hoping to make the play offs, interesting times.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

29 minutes ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

The Owls are on a roll, and have both Leeds and Norwich to play, the Owls therefore have a say in the automatic play off positions, if the Owls won both it would help the Blades quest for an automatic place, and help the Owls quest for a play off place.

what a season for Sheffield if the club double came off, sending a real message to the footballing world.

In my opinion Preston will also have a say in the run in, playing many of the top teams while also hoping to make the play offs, interesting times.

Well, as a life long Wednesday fan, I was rooting for you guys against the common enemy on Saturday, so why not? Mind you, I have always been a fan of all local teams, especially when I was younger and single. I never missed a Saturday football match. I used to even go and watch Donny on Friday nights sometimes. Wednesday has always been my number one but I have rooted for you guys many times at the Lane and also Rotherham too at Millmoor.

Edited by Ontarian1981

29 minutes ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

I always cheer both teams on, I"m a supporter of football, and as you say , if both Sheffield clubs get promoted it would be phenomenal .

It's yours to lose anyway so shouldn't need to be hoping we beat them. I hope we beat Leeds and Norwich though aslong as you do your bit in beating those around us

Cheer  never,  it ends for me saying how well they are doing, but to cheer no and i would not expect Blades fans to cheer on  the Owls. you are either red or blue. It,s one of the reasons i don,t get involved it all the so called banter and stick to Owls related topics.

Well I have always cheered on who ever were playing Leeds even the Owls so it will be no different this season .Leeds might be up for it even more than usual they would hate to see a Sheffield double they are really smarting from Sat result you can tell from the remarks on different threads.It was a big blow to their ego .They are a horrible club with horrible supporters which most fans in the league would agree.It was so pleasing to shut the mouths of the pundits and their fans who only see their club .I watched the build up on tele for 20mins or so before the match I CAN NOT RECALL THEM MENTIONING THE BLADES ONCE .I wondered if we had got the wrong day for the match .Were we playing or not?They are so full of them selves so I say go on Owls and make it a Sheff double .I would love to see their faces once more looking as if the world has come to an end.Also the snide remarks from their players made it such a great day.

Do  us Blades cheer the Owls?

Against Norwich and Leeds of cause we do; its a no brainer.

I"m currently cheering for Fort William, Scottish Highland League, not won a game yet. Played 27 . goals for 17 against 199.

6 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Well I have always cheered on who ever were playing Leeds even the Owls so it will be no different this season .Leeds might be up for it even more than usual they would hate to see a Sheffield double they are really smarting from Sat result you can tell from the remarks on different threads.It was a big blow to their ego .They are a horrible club with horrible supporters which most fans in the league would agree.It was so pleasing to shut the mouths of the pundits and their fans who only see their club .I watched the build up on tele for 20mins or so before the match I CAN NOT RECALL THEM MENTIONING THE BLADES ONCE .I wondered if we had got the wrong day for the match .Were we playing or not?They are so full of them selves so I say go on Owls and make it a Sheff double .I would love to see their faces once more looking as if the world has come to an end.Also the snide remarks from their players made it such a great day.

Wednesday were only mentioned in passing before the '91 League Cup Final against Man United . To stick it up 'em, the millions of their fans and the ultra biased pundits, was a brilliant feeling. Shame it wasn't L***s, but there you go.

Remember the year we won (3-0?) at L***s and you won summat like 4-0?

What happy days!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

17 hours ago, Padders said:

I"m currently cheering for Fort William, Scottish Highland League, not won a game yet. Played 27 . goals for 17 against 199.

17-199 sounds a bit like the score of my first school rugby game against Doncaster Tech, in 1959. At least we got to go to the races after the match. Yeah, I  lost there as well. 😟

Edited by Ontarian1981

17 hours ago, Padders said:

Ha poor old fort william you have to hand it to them they turn up every week .Mind you with that amount of goals against i am not to sure they do🤣

If the S6 bunch can do us a favour, I'll be hoping they win those two matches. I'd be cheering the result, and hoping they do it, rather than cheering the Owls though...

By the same token, they need the Blades to take points from Preston and Brizzle, and Forest, if their pipe dream of the playoffs is to be possible.