Buying some 6mm mild steel rod in Sheffield?

Need about 30m of mild rod to made some plant supports - anyone know where I can walk in and get some?

Parker Steel list this for £3.75 + VAT for 6m length which is ideal, but they are down south.

With steel suppliers can you just walk in off the street and buy some just like Lavers?

Edited by Skink
typos

We used a broker because we only needed a small amount for private use. Some of them will only sell to businesses directly but they may sell to you if you pay up front. We ordered some heavy duty square section to make a pergola and last year hubby ordered some thing stuff to make plant supports. Both were delivered by a flat back artic and unloaded by the driver. I will pm you the phone number. I don't want o post openly as its a mobile number. 

We used a broker because we only needed a small amount for private use. Some of them will only sell to businesses directly but they may sell to you if you pay up front. We ordered some heavy duty square section to make a pergola and last year hubby ordered some thing stuff to make plant supports. Both were delivered by a flat back artic and unloaded by the driver. I will pm you the phone number. I don't want o post openly as its a mobile number. 

I can't send you a pm, its saying my messages are full. I can't see my pms since the forum has been updated. I believed them to be deleted when it upgraded. 

I asked about a different sort of steel and got some good answers here.

I'm sure one or two companies mentioned could be useful.

If I'm buying for a New Project I get mine from Hillsborough Steel Stockists off Halifax Rd, as it's quite close by.

Http://www.hillsboroughsteelstock.co.uk

Else, I use reclaimed mild steel from previous projects.

On 18/03/2019 at 12:16, DeZeus said:

If I'm buying for a New Project I get mine from Hillsborough Steel Stockists off Halifax Rd, as it's quite close by.

Http://www.hillsboroughsteelstock.co.uk

0114 285 5525

Can recommend also.