Solution to social discord. what is it?

24 minutes ago, danot said:

The number of friend I have wouldn't be relevant to what 'normal behaviour' is. I consider 'normal behaviour' to be the most common behaviour.  would you say the behavioural tendencies listed in my op characterises the majority of people?

Why?
Just because you have been told so?
Maybe  such behaviour is "common" where you are,  but less so 3 streets away?

It's blindingly obvious why this country is spiralling out of control but we're a society in denial. We didn't have all these problems when we were monocultural but the more multicultural we've become, the more divided and violent society has become. It's not just here, it's happening in all countries which have adopted a multicultural identity.

2 minutes ago, despritdan said:

It's blindingly obvious why this country is spiralling out of control but we're a society in denial. We didn't have all these problems when we were monocultural but the more multicultural we've become, the more divided and violent society has become. It's not just here, it's happening in all countries which have adopted a multicultural identity.

Yep!

It's no secret.....

It's called "Globalisation" It's not exactly new is it?

And it isn't going to go away, no matter how many times the UK wants to be insular.

Lets face it, the steelworks down the road aint opening up again  anytime soon.

ADAPT and OVERCOME.

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't think our society is spiralling into chaos. In spite of the best efforts of politicians over the last 40 years, this country is fairly peaceful. 

The majority of people are peaceful, but crime levels are rising nonetheless.

25 minutes ago, Crosser said:

Why?
Just because you have been told so?
Maybe  such behaviour is "common" where you are,  but less so 3 streets away?

No. I'm not going on hearsay, I'm going on statistical reports detailing rising crime. And I'm not going on local crime either, I'm going on  national figures. 

38 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Ignoring  the brief party political broadcast by the bnp above, I think the world has changed. Populism seems to be taking hold here and in the states (arguably other countries too) and that’s a concern. I worry about the effect of social media, particularly on our young people. Are suicides up or does it just feel like they’re going up to me? In many ways the vast majority have never had so good, we certainly havent had better health and security yet the mental health of many seems so precarious.

And don’t get me started on climate change etc.

But spirally? Drifting into the abyss would be a better description.

5 hours ago, despritdan said:

We've never been mono cultural. Complete myth.

10 hours ago, danot said:

The majority of people are peaceful, but crime levels are rising nonetheless.

Apparently overall crime is down, but sexual offences and violent crime are up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42815768

45 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apparently overall crime is down, but sexual offences and violent crime are up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42815768

Serious violent crime - murder - has been going down for years and is at historic lows, on a per capita basis.  Petty violence - punch ups in pubs etc - is on the rise but this hardly an indicator of society spirally downwards, or - as danot and dispirdan would like us to believe - multiculturalism, despite their best efforts.

The fact is more people than ever before are decent, law- abiding citizens irrespective of where they come from.

1 hour ago, bendix said:

Serious violent crime - murder - has been going down for years and is at historic lows, on a per capita basis.  Petty violence - punch ups in pubs etc - is on the rise but this hardly an indicator of society spirally downwards, or - as danot and dispirdan would like us to believe - multiculturalism, despite their best efforts.

The fact is more people than ever before are decent, law- abiding citizens irrespective of where they come from.

I never specifically blamed multiculturalism for society spiralling downwards, I merely included it amongst other examples of social conflicts that are taking place more and more frequently.  But my all means correct me by providing  the evidence to corroborate your assertion if you have it. Even apologise to me should you find it necessary.

Edited by danot

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

70 years ago the world was at war and a nutcase European leader was gassing Jewish people in sheds.

the war ended when America dropped nuclear bombs.

people got murdered and gangs existed.

society isn’t spiralling into chaos - ‘‘twas ever thus.

What Maka said.

'our' generation (ie- post world war) in UK society have lived in blissful times and still do. 

Keep calm and carry on everybody!

5 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

What Maka said.

'our' generation (ie- post world war) in UK society have lived in blissful times and still do. 

Keep calm and carry on everybody!

Now hold on there.  According to the far right and . . ummnm . . the far left, these are the worst of times to be living and it's never been so bad.  Yet more evidence of the Horseshoe Theory that they are two sides of the same bigoted coin.

While this sort of thing happens - an elderly guy standing outside a mosque with a heartwarming message - I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the haters in modern society are the outliers, and that there remains more good than bad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/new-zealand-shootings-mans-incredible-14141811