Solution to social discord. what is it?

Drug related gangland culture, conflicts over religious beliefs and cultural practices and extremist political agenda's has given rise to state of heightened social discord throughout UK society, resulting in a myriad of  violent incidents occurring on a daily basis such as acid attacks, murders, honour killings, executions, shootings, and a knife crime crisis of epidemic proportions that is devastating to our society and the youths caught up in it. Is our government doing enough to discourage those responsible?  is losing 44,000 police officers and staff since 2010 to blame fore this heightened sense of disregard for the implications of their actions, the law, and the lives they take and ruin?  In criminal terms, do the rewards far outweigh the risk that the consequences pose? Is this why our society is spiralling into chaos?

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, danot said:

Drug related gangland culture, conflicts over religious beliefs and cultural practices and extremist political agenda's has given rise to state of heightened social discord throughout UK society, resulting in a myriad of  violent incidents occurring on a daily basis such as acid attacks, murders, honour killings, executions, shootings, and a knife crime crisis of epidemic proportions that is devastating to our society and the youths caught up in it. Is our government doing enough to discourage those responsible?  is losing 44,000 police officers and staff since 2010 to blame fore this heightened sense of disregard for the implications of their actions, the law, and the lives they take and ruin?  In criminal terms, do the rewards far outweigh the risk that the consequences pose? Is this why our society is spiralling into chaos?

70 years ago the world was at war and a nutcase European leader was gassing Jewish people in sheds.

the war ended when America dropped nuclear bombs.

people got murdered and gangs existed.

society isn’t spiralling into chaos - ‘‘twas ever thus.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

70 years ago the world was at war and a nutcase European leader was gassing Jewish people in sheds.

the war ended when America dropped nuclear bombs.

people got murdered and gangs existed.

society isn’t spiralling into chaos - ‘‘twas ever thus.

Correct Maka, we have been killing, robbing, raping people ever since the cave man days.

The answer to youth crime is more simple than we may think, .....soft drinks , 45 ,s  table tennis, pool an occasional kick about ,and with luck a snog behind the building.

Stabbings among the youth will instantly cease , thoughts of making huge sums of money from drug dealing will dissappear with the appearance of a table tennis bat

At least this is the answer according to many politicians and the Guardian.

It must work 'cos I went to youth clubs an never stabbed anyone or sent kids across the country with drugs.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/11/violence-gangs-youth-clubs

Edited by Nankypoo

49 minutes ago, Padders said:

Correct Maka, we have been killing, robbing, raping people ever since the cave man days.

You make it sound like normal human behaviour?

1 minute ago, danot said:

That's because it is!

Only social pressures make it seem "out of character"

It's a bit like the way dogs don't bite you because you feed them.

So beware of anyone who owns a pig farm.

11 minutes ago, danot said:

Unfortunately its in our DNA.

2 minutes ago, Crosser said:

That's because it is!

Only social pressures make it seem "out of character"

It's a bit like the way dogs don't bite you because you feed them.

So beware of anyone who owns a pig farm.

The listed behavioural characteristics in my op don't characterise me, or the majority of the people I know.  I must have lived a sheltered life if such behavioural tendencies are considered normal.   

3 minutes ago, danot said:

The listed behavioural characteristics in my op don't characterise me, or the majority of the people I know.  I must have lived a sheltered life if such behavioural tendencies are considered normal.   

Or you don't know many people, and/or are very myopic of what is reported/discussed/debated almost every day in various news/social forums

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Unfortunately its in our DNA.

I've often said to those who blame religion for extremism   - with or without religion, we'll never escape our true nature.  so, yeah, I know where you're coming from. 

8 minutes ago, Crosser said:

Or you don't know many people, and/or are very myopic of what is reported/discussed/debated almost every day in various news/social forums

The number of friend I have wouldn't be relevant to what 'normal behaviour' is. I consider 'normal behaviour' to be the most common behaviour.  would you say the behavioural tendencies listed in my op characterises the majority of people?

2 hours ago, danot said:

I don't think our society is spiralling into chaos. In spite of the best efforts of politicians over the last 40 years, this country is fairly peaceful.