Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, Jeddo said:

I saw a leftist and 'in the know' commentator (who is usually knowledgeable) on the Sky Press Preview programme say the petition had been pumped up by folk using several email accounts each.  Perfectly possible.  Make of his comment what you will. Most folk have several email accounts.

You can look at the source code here. It’s freely available so you can see how it’s done.

https://github.com/alphagov/e-petitions/blob/0cddd49cbd27d611dd2b0fb24ded3ef3b68e3f78/app/models/signature.rb

The Tory MP coordinating a cross-party alliance of Remainer MPs to seize control of Brexit served in Thatcher's government, was educated at Eton and Cambridge, claimed expenses to repair a leaking pipe under his tennis court and masterminded the introduction of the poll tax. He also wants to privatise the NHS and the UK to Remain in the EU.

Oliver Letwin is the true face of Remain.

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

Today I feel is where a decision about this sorry state of affairs will be indicated. What are people currently expecting that the House of Commons will come up with? Mind - I am not asking what you want the outcome to be, merely what the HoC will do.

I really don't know how it will turn out. But, I am pleased it is now being done this way. The indicative votes should continue whittling down the options, til we have a last man standing proposal.

7 hours ago, Jeddo said:

I have noticed Remainers always jump to a lot of conclusions, in addition to believing rubbish  about a Brexit Doomsday cliff-edge ...same as the Millennium bug lot did.

Well done, you just highlighted that you're actually clueless :hihi:

Any leavers ready to support and explain Rees-Mogg’s massive u-turn on supporting May’s deal?

I can’t wait 😀

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Any leavers ready to support and explain Rees-Mogg’s massive u-turn on supporting May’s deal?

I can’t wait 😀

I'm no leaver but I'm guessing its something to do with being the next leader.

Take May's position now by force and you have a lot of people against you.

But if she stands down and the seat is empty, then it looks a lot less aggressive.

5 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

But if she stands down and the seat is empty, then it looks a lot less aggressive.

nah, i think hes scared, scared that its getting closer to brexit being revoked more than ever, its either her deal or no brexit at all. i think she ran down the clock to make it precisely so

apparently hes also said

Jacob Rees-Mogg has said of the deal: "Half a loaf is better than no bread."

11 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

So he’s on record as saying May’s deal turns us into a ‘slave state’. His words.

Are you there Penny?

10 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Trials in Germany and Spain of the EU copyright directives, in which websites and search engines have to pay to link to news stories, resulted in decreased traffic to small and large news websites and a total refusal to pay for licences. Small, less well known news sites suffered the most.

Under this EU directive, Sheffield forum will have to pay to allow forum contributors to link to news articles on other sites. Is this sustainable? Better just to block linking altogether. EU censorship.

Not true. A pure link is fine, a link with an image of the text in the link may not be fine.

32 minutes ago, melthebell said:

nah, i think hes scared, scared that its getting closer to brexit being revoked more than ever, its either her deal or no brexit at all. i think she ran down the clock to make it precisely so

apparently hes also said

Correct. He doesn't like her deal, but in the spectrum of options that's his least disliked one.

Or maybe, just maybe, these sites could pay the artist for their work rather than just hoovering up images left right and centre and doing what they like with them.

Just sayin.

12 minutes ago, woodview said:

Correct. He doesn't like her deal, but in the spectrum of options that's his least disliked one.

Largely because, as Remainers knew all along, all the wonderful sunny upland scenario Rees Mogg and Johnson were peddling in 2016 were totally undeliverable.  It was always going to come to this.  They have finally had to admit that unicorns do not, in fact, exist.