Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, L00b said:

What's "funnier" still, is Brexiter MPs and figureheads like Aaron Banks running to foreign fascists in charge of EU Member states and doing deals to secure their veto to the extension which Parliament voted for, before the vote even took place.

Beyond meddling by Russia and other assorted profiteers in the referendum campaign, and so far from 'taking back control' it's actually handing still more control to foreign interference than the UK ever did as an EU member, if that is not 'treason', as some on here like to call it, I don't know what is.

Don't forget Blair and Cameron's meddling - the pariahs of modern day politics. 

Regardless of whether you voted  leave or remain

It was a vote.

If the government decides to act against the result, I will never vote again.

It makes a mockery of democracy.

2 minutes ago, mrcharlie said:

Regardless of whether you voted  leave or remain

It was a vote.

If the government decides to act against the result, I will never vote again.

It makes a mockery of democracy.

Have to say i agree with that - however the ministers don't appear to be giving what the majority voted for. Its what they want.

No point blaming May all the time.

40 minutes ago, willman said:

Have to say i agree with that - however the ministers don't appear to be giving what the majority voted for. Its what they want.

Your loss, another referendum, remain will win

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Your loss, another referendum, remain will win

But is it democratic to continually re vote until those who want to remain get the vote to remain.

If the idle ones got off their arses to vote perhaps we would be remaining.

10 minutes ago, willman said:

But is it democratic to continually re vote until those who want to remain get the vote to remain.

If we voted to stay in the EU, it wouldn't have been a vote to stay in whatever the circumstances. If the situation had changed drastically, for example we were going to join the Euro, I would have expected another vote to confirm or reject those circumstances.  

During the referendum campaign the idea of a no deal Brexit was dismissed out of hand by the Brexiteers. Now the situations changed, and it's looking like a no deal Brexit could be a real possibility then what's undemocratic to give the people their say on the matter? 

Edited by JFKvsNixon

30 minutes ago, willman said:

May has taken it to two votes and lost both of them. Now she's bringing it back for a third - that qualifies as "continually".

Another referendum wouldn't, as two isn't "continually". So yes, it is exactly democratic, by definition.

Not that I think it's a good idea, but it's a canard to suggest that having a vote (even if it's another one) on something isn't democratic.

If that is indeed what you were doing with your rhetorical question.

15 hours ago, neeeeeeeeeek said:

Haha, brilliant!! The majority of the UK will be significantly worse off, with the poorest hit hardest, and you try and spin this into a positive by pointing out that women will be approximately £7.00 a year better off if the UK ditch VAT on sanitary products?   Well, that's converted me, who cares about food prices going up, billions lost with companies leaving the UK, massive queues at ports, billions spent duplicating all the  systems we share with the EU that we lose access to, job uncertainty, lack of trade with other countries as none of the promised trade deals are in place,  NHS significantly worse off etc etc etc,  it's all good cos women save seven quid a year.... 

don't forget we get British Rail back too

just seen something mentioned on the news about another possible bung to the DUP to back her vote...this time??

corrupt doesnt even cover it

2 hours ago, willman said:

But it is a circle that can't really be squared. We can just sod off and bin the good Friday agreement and she's held by the short and curlies by the DUP, because she was stupid enough to hold an election and now she won't budge from her red lines.

Remain pretty much have one position  - stay in. Leave have many. She's being turned over by hard brexitèers like the erg just as much as remainers.

I'm leaning towards a general election just so there's a change of ideas at the top. May banging her head against a brick wall over and over again ain't working.

50 minutes ago, melthebell said:

just seen something mentioned on the news about another possible bung to the DUP to back her vote...this time??

corrupt doesnt even cover it

I tend to agree, but isn't that what most politicians do, bribe the voters to vote for them?

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

On BOTH sides but at least only Cameron abused his office and spent public money on his. 

If it was both sides it makes it even worse doesnt it. 

Didnt think about that did ya?

The argument about government spend during the campaign: not even relevant.

Leavers arguments are tired, crap and riddled with fallacies.