Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Did Scotland take part in the referendum about leaving the EU? What was their answer?

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

48 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

You mean the militant , hard left ? 

Yes of course they are :rolleyes:

On the news you could see banners of the usual suspects , SWP , momentum , occupy . All the left wing militants were there .

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

On the news you could see banners of the usual suspects , SWP , momentum , occupy . All the left wing militants were there .

So what?

Theyve got a right to opposition.

Nobody has tried to stop Farage’s march

Here is why we are in the pickle we are in. If this has been posted before, apologies.

" EU Referendum Results 2016

By Votes

17.4 m Leave / 16.1 m Remain

By Constituency

406 Leave / 242 Remain

Constituency By Party

Lab / 148 Leave | 84 Remain

Con / 247 Leave | 80 Remain

By Region

9 Leave | 3 Remain

By MP

160 Leave | 486 Remain

Brexit isn’t the problem. It’s our MP’s who are the problem."

Read it and weep Remainers. All the moaning in the world cannot change the numbers.

Angel1.

Are Leavers quaking in their boots yet?

I find it astonishing that May is now saying she could abandon her third meaningful vote. The cynic in me is thinking that she is killing it because she knows the Speaker won’t allow it to reach the floor. 

The Conservatives are going to end up being passengers in the coming week. They can’t even whip their MPs to anything. 

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Here is why we are in the pickle we are in. If this has been posted before, apologies.

By Votes

By Constituency

406 Leave / 242 Remain

Constituency By Party

By Region

9 Leave | 3 Remain

By MP

160 Leave | 486 Remain

Read it and weep Remainers. All the moaning in the world cannot change the numbers.

Angel1.

Don’t need to change the numbers. You’re playing in the wrong game. Keep up. Things have somewhat moved on since 2016. 

MPs aren’t the problem. They are actually doing their jobs. If you don’t see that, then you really have no idea how our democracy works. That is your problem and nobody else’s. 

Why do we need to weep? We’re going to be popping champagne corks soon. 

Edited by ez8004

29 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

yeah and as usual you focus on that small group when the bulk of it came from a  wide cross section of the population

3 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

I find it astonishing that May is now saying she could abandon her third meaningful vote. The cynic in me is thinking that she is killing it because she knows the Speaker won’t allow it to reach the floor. 

The Conservatives are going to end up being passengers in the coming week. They can’t even whip their MPs to anything. 

Don’t need to change the numbers. You’re playing in the wrong game. Keep up. Things have somewhat moved on since 2016. 

Understood. But the point is, 2016 the vote was held, 2016 we voted to leave the Failing EU. That is set in stone (or in a democracy it should be) and must be implemented. The figures I quoted simply show the problem is our elected Parasites in Westminster have not carried out the will of the majority. After 3 years we are still waiting, and no doubt if the Remoaners have their way we will still be waiting in another 3 years time.

As for May (who is more useless than useless) been slated for blaming the MP's for getting us into the sticky brown stuff, looking at the figures I gave above, she is not too wide of the mark is she. The blame should be levied onto the MP's who's constituents voted Leave, but were ignored by their MP.

Angel1. 

25 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

By Votes

By Constituency

406 Leave / 242 Remain

Constituency By Party

By Region

9 Leave | 3 Remain

By MP

160 Leave | 486 Remain

Angel1.

You might as well play with the results of the 1975 referendum as well because the 2016 referendum removed the democratic choice of;

Yes - 17,378,581

No - 8,470,073

Or look at the 2016 results as a proportion of the UK population who voted to leave;

Leave 17, 410, 742

Total electorate 46,500,001

So 37.4% of the UK electorate wanted to leave.

Looks to me like today's demonstration was showing that the mass of the UK doesn't want to leave now they know what it actually means as opposed to the lies of the campaign.

Read it and weep Beleavers - your lies and spin doesn't change the fact that brexit as it stands isn't wanted.

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

That is set in stone (or in a democracy it should be) and must be implemented.

Why - if the electorate are given a chance to ratify the leave option choice but decide not to and instead remain, then surely you cannot say that that is undemocratic.

Or can you?

Edited by Litotes

7 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Understood. But the point is, 2016 the vote was held, 2016 we voted to leave the Failing EU. That is set in stone (or in a democracy it should be) and must be implemented. The figures I quoted simply show the problem is our elected Parasites in Westminster have not carried out the will of the majority. After 3 years we are still waiting, and no doubt if the Remoaners have their way we will still be waiting in another 3 years time.

As for May (who is more useless than useless) been slated for blaming the MP's for getting us into the sticky brown stuff, looking at the figures I gave above, she is not too wide of the mark is she. The blame should be levied onto the MP's who's constituents voted Leave, but were ignored by their MP.

Angel1. 

My MP hasn't backed May and he's very much a leaver in a leave constituency. The Moog hasn't backed May either. Now if they did, maybe we would be leaving next week. But they didn't so we aren't.

33 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

MPs aren’t the problem. They are actually doing their jobs. If you don’t see that, then you really have no idea how our democracy works. That is your problem and nobody else’s. 

Why do we need to weep? We’re going to be popping champagne corks soon. 

No they arnt. The majority of them are going against the wishes of their constituents and trying to block Brexit. They are Traitors . 

11 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You might as well play with the results of the 1975 referendum as well because the 2016 referendum removed the democratic choice of;

Yes - 17,378,581

No - 8,470,073

Or look at the 2016 results as a proportion of the UK population who voted to leave;

Leave 17, 410, 742

Total electorate 46,500,001

So 37.4% of the UK electorate wanted to leave.

Looks to me like today's demonstration was showing that the mass of the UK doesn't want to leave now they know what it actually means as opposed to the lies of the campaign.

Read it and weep Beleavers - your lies and spin doesn't change the fact that brexit as it stands isn't wanted.

Why - if the electorate are given a chance to ratify the leave option choice but decide not to and instead remain, then surely you cannot say that that is undemocratic.

Or can you?

A vote on a second referendum was heavily defeated in the commons two weeks ago . Labour abstained and only 30 odd voted in favour . That will never get through the house of commons , no matter how many times its brought back . There is more chance of May`s surrender deal getting through. 

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

My MP hasn't backed May and he's very much a leaver in a leave constituency. The Moog hasn't backed May either. Now if they did, maybe we would be leaving next week. But they didn't so we aren't.

We will be leaving with no Deal on April 12th because her deal will never get passed.