Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Its now though that it may have been influenced by bots... 

Thought by who?

All discussion I've seen of the topic has actually been about how resilient the petition is to 'bots' due to the email verification used. The subject came up because of the number of times the system has crashed.

This turned out to because of the sheer number of people trying to get on to the site.

2 minutes ago, Jeddo said:

C'mon folks go to the Gov't website and sign the open petition for a clean Brexit on 29th March!

Trouble is most Brexiteers know the law is on their side so can't be arsed to sign petitions.

It's the panicking remainers that are resorting to panic measures.

Prior to today you'd not said a dicky bird on this thread, it's clear who have got their knickers in a twist and it ain't the people who sided with remain.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Prior to today you'd not said a dicky bird on this thread, it's clear who have got their knickers in a twist and it ain't the people who sided with remain.

C'mon - 90 posts in 13 years shows he is a committed contributor.

About 0.625 posts per month - watch out Foxy 'Citizen' Smith, your position is being threatened.

I think what brexit has shown is that as a nation we are insignificant, we are no longer the nation we once were

I voted out

I thought it was a chance to turn things around, maybe get out industry restarted and selling things around the world 

Rebuild our way back up, similar to Japan after WW2 - even if it took a few decades, but at least start taking steps down that path now.

Sadly I can't see it happening any longer

2 minutes ago, rogets said:

I think what brexit has shown is that as a nation we are insignificant, we are no longer the nation we once were

I voted out

I thought it was a chance to turn things around, maybe get out industry restarted and selling things around the world 

Rebuild our way back up, similar to Japan after WW2 - even if it took a few decades, but at least start taking steps down that path now.

Sadly I can't see it happening any longer

The thing is that the people of Japan were willing to roll up their sleeves and knuckle down to work - I don't think that's the mentality of the UK these days.

It feels like an "I want it now" and "I want it for free" and "I deserve it" culture.

Edited by Litotes
Odd e missing

47 minutes ago, Jeddo said:

Venezuela will look like a holiday camp by the time the Brexit botherhood have finished with this country  if Brexit doesn't happen. 

I take it that that comment is a joke?

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Thought by who?

I did read that it may have been influenced by bots but for the life of me cant find where so until I find the details please ignore what I wrote as it was not done maliciously. 

8 minutes ago, Litotes said:

The thing is that the people of Japan were willing to roll up their sleeves and knuckle down to work - I don't think that's the mentality of the UK these days.

It feels like an "I want it now" and "I want it for free" and "I deserve it" culture.

And that is the nail hit on the head

As a country we no longer have the mentality to roll up our sleeves and do the hard work

8 minutes ago, rogets said:

And that is the nail hit on the head

As a country we no longer have the mentality to roll up our sleeves and do the hard work

Does that include putting a full stop at the end of a sentence?

16 minutes ago, apelike said:

I did read that it may have been influenced by bots but for the life of me cant find where so until I find the details please ignore what I wrote as it was not done maliciously. 

I'm often influenced and distracted by bots.

51 minutes ago, apelike said:

Its now though that it may have been influenced by bots... 

sigh no it isnt, just had to put mi leaver mates straight on facebook, they got over excited with a BBC link, but when you actually read the article like i did, security experts said its possible but "almost" impossible for bots to get round the email verification system.

22 minutes ago, apelike said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

"They would have to make a bot that signs up with unique email addresses, then clicks the unique link to sign," he said{/quote]

read the article in the link to read the full interviews with the security consultants as to how and why they think its NOT full of bots

also it says Farage reckons its infiltrated by Russia LOL, so first they stick their oar in in the leave camp during the referendum, now 3 years later they stick the other in the remain camp????

why?