Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

45 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

We voted for a full complete Brexit in the referendum. To Leave the EU and all of its many institutions, to govern ourselves and to stop giving money to an organisation whose goal is always ever closer political and economic union.

Now that the wealthy elite are determined to keep us imprisoned in the EU the backlash is beginning.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/threat-to-block-m25-201146/

Brexit Direct Action group threatens to block the M25 if Brexit delayed

Protesters have threatened to block the M25 and other major routes if the government delays Brexit. They have set up a group on Twitter in a bid to mobilise support, which has attracted nearly 7,000 followers in less than three weeks. Brexit Direct Action says it wants to "bring the country to its knees by blocking the main arterial routes."

This includes the M1, M6, M25, M62, A1, A55, M5, M4, M42, M55, M61, A66 among other routes. The blockage has been scheduled to take place on Saturday to coincide with a March To Leave protest in Westminster.

No you didn't - you voted to leave without defining what that meant - and that is the problem!

7000 in 3 weeks wow!

Remind me how many signature the 'repeal article 50' petition got in 24 hours?

ALso - your pasted quotation shows that Brexiteers are basically anarchists who don't care about their fellow Brits.

27 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

A managed No Deal clean Brexit on March 29 please!

C'mon - keep up- nothing is happening on the 29th March - except the 30th will follow.

...and what good will it do them Top Cats Hat?

nada!

London protests can't change THE LAW

5 minutes ago, Litotes said:

So democracy is only allowed one say?

Of course not that's why General Elections have a timetable of 5 years so that people can change their minds once the result has been implemented, and the same applies here.

1 minute ago, Litotes said:

C'mon - keep up- nothing is happening on the 29th March - except the 30th will follow.

Another crystal ball gazer. We have no idea what will happen after the 29th march, the 30th is not guaranteed, we could all be knocked unconscious by an EU sponsored alien sleep ray and not wake up til April 3rd.  And don’t start with “expert reports” we’ve had enough of them!

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Another crystal ball gazer. We have no idea what will happen after the 29th march, the 30th is not guaranteed, we could all be knocked unconscious by an EU sponsored alien sleep ray and not wake up til April 3rd.  And don’t start with “expert reports” we’ve had enough of them!

Guffaw!

7 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Remind me how many signature the 'repeal article 50' petition got in 24 hours?

Its now though that it may have been influenced by bots... 

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

More speculation about what the future hold from a Brexiteer. At least my prediction was based on track record 😉

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Its now though that it may have been influenced by bots... 

'though' by whom?

6 minutes ago, Jeddo said:

nada!

Errrr... Poll tax riots?

Not that the remainers will riot - although there may be trouble makers on the streets at the same time!

Edited by Litotes

2 minutes ago, Jeddo said:

nada!

The poll tax protests did helped change the law.

A million people marching in London and 4 million+ people signing a petition is an important indication to MPs that the tide is changing and that the shouty Brexiteers are on the decline and those who have had enough of this nonsense are making their voices heard now. 

3 minutes ago, Litotes said:

More speculation about what the future hold from a Brexiteer. At least my prediction was based on track record 😉

'though' by whom?

Errrr... Poll tax riots?

They were riots, not ordinary protests, and the riots didn't change the law, a weak Gov't did. And Errrr anyway there is not time to change the law now before 29th March, 12 April or 22 May.

1 hour ago, Jeddo said:

Mister M

Basically my post was right then in essence, I wasn't quoting verbatim, but highlighting that Faisal Islam,  the remainer, was even surprised at Cable's supposed T May quotation, which frankly I can't believe is true of her.  So he got him to repeat or clarify what he had quoted her saying, and Cable backed down and said it was the conclusion he had drawn. He didn't repeat the quotation which we may therefore infer was just spin. But in any case I wouldn't believe a word V Cable says when he quotes actual conversations as he does put spin on conversations and quotations for his own ends.

If folk are going to be pedantic on here and not understand the actual message in the post rather than picking fault, it makes for a hard slog having to explain what I was actually putting across.  And as far as the link maniac requests go, do your own research, we are not your educators. Our conclusions are drawn often from years of experience, research, and personal experience. That's what discussion should be about, it's not a seminar or lecture that we must supply evidence or links to support our views.  I'm sure we could, but some of us have got lives as well.

A long winded way to say you were wrong, but don't want to admit it. 

C'mon folks go to the Gov't website and sign the open petition for a clean Brexit on 29th March!

Trouble is most Brexiteers know the law is on their side so can't be arsed to sign petitions.

It's the panicking remainers that are resorting to panic measures.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

A long winded way to say you were wrong, but don't want to admit it. 

No read my post again the message in there is what I said on my other post

3 minutes ago, Jeddo said:

No read my post again the message in there is what I said on my other post

It might be, but brevity isn't your friend!

(Neither is punctuation!)