Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If nothing else, it will stop us exiting the EU at the end of the month without any deal.

Only to leave at the end of any extension without any deal.

theyre all liars , wasn't it Cameron that kept the bank bail in documents from the britsh people he signed , in the g20 summit  or have I got that wrong

Edited by craig12

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Only to leave at the end of any extension without any deal.

Not necessarily.

At some point someone is going to have sense to sack off all this nonsense. Probably by a long extension (maybe up to two years) by which time it will be much harder for anyone to argue that a discredited referendum 5 years ago should still be holding the country to ransom.

This made me giggle. 

'Nigel Farage trolled by his own hypocritical Brexit comments printed on beer mats'. One of the mats has printed on it Farage's comments:

“If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad, I’ll go and live somewhere else.”

Apparently these beer mats are going to be distributed around various Weatherspoons pubs :hihi:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-trolled-by-brexit-beer-mats-1-5940723

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If nothing else, it will stop us exiting the EU at the end of the month without any deal.

It will just mean we leave in three months without a deal .

16 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

It will just mean we leave in three months without a deal .

No it doesn't. 

At present no one know what will happen:

does Mays deal get through next time?

do we not get an extention and bag out?

do we get a short extention?

do we get a long extention? with EU eclection, the EU should be worried about this as i guess we would get a lot of brexit candidates elected

is brexit revoked ?

Edited by phil752

If the Tory's drive us to destruction, they are finished. Talking about democracy (ish), Funnily enough there isn't a big boat out there called Boaty mcboatface. ;)

Edited by Dardandec

27 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

If the Tory's drive us to destruction, they are finished. Talking about democracy (ish), Funnily enough there isn't a big boat out there called Boaty mcboatface. ;)

you could say the same about labour, they are in the majority of seats that wanted to leave

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not necessarily.

Well.. unless something drastic happens then we will and the EU know that as well. 

Probably by a long extension (maybe up to two years) by which time it will be much harder for anyone to argue that a discredited referendum 5 years ago should still be holding the country to ransom.

That is not a probable at all as I'm sure the EU want this all put to bed, the quicker the better for all. This referendum is only discredited by the remoaners who want to stay in and that is still around the same level as when it took place. They have achieved nothing by constantly moaning and trying to discredit the democratic action that took place and yet still hope that it will all be cancelled in their favour. It is really amusing to watch the MP's in parliament squirm from their own incompetence. They have caused this mess and will suffer the consequences of not pulling it off whether it be a hard brexit or a deal and the only reason they may want an extension is so that they dont have to take the blame just yet.

Edited by apelike

5 minutes ago, phil752 said:

you could say the same about labour, they are in the majority of seats that wanted to leave

But they aren't the party in control (?!)

7 minutes ago, phil752 said:

Dont say that phil as you will get the usual "but the majority of labour voters voted to remain" bit.