Jump to content

Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

 Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it

It was not a majority decision of the public as a whole, but a slight majority of those who chose to partake in a non binding referendum. It was also over three years ago and a lot has changed since then.

 

The referendum was respected they day after the vote, when the government pledged to take the UK out of the EU. The fact that this has proved very difficult largely due to it being an incredibly stupid idea without majority support has nothing really to do with the referendum. Apart from anything else, every credible poll since 2016 without exception has shown that the majority of British citizens wish to remain in the EU.

 

Now that we are in no doubt of the damage that will be done, it will be criminally negligent to press on with this ridiculous idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

"Broken the country " lol. How can any democratic government on earth ever allow that to happen because of a referendum?

Put the sandwich board away and think of solutions to the "problems" ahead instead of ridiculing everyone who thinks that leaving is a good thing.

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it and being a doomsayer.

Some of you guys seem to thrive on gloomy outlooks rather than thinking of ways to work within the framework of a democratic vote.

Just remember the three stages of a preconceived gloomy outlook i.e.Denial..Anger..Acceptance..

Most of you are in the Anger mode at the moment. However Acceptance will arrive on Halloween...Deal with it.

I’m glad you’ve brought denial up. We have a government making plans to airlift food in to the country in the event of a no deal. 

 

Theres been umpteen reasons why brexit is a bad idea. It’s not project fear, these things are happening, right now. It’s not a “gloomy outlook”, or in Boris words not a case of not believing enough. Bad things, directly linked to brexit, are happening NOW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Parliament in crisis. Rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the world.

 

Sterling plummeting.

 

Inward investment tricking away to almost nothing.

 

No trade deals. 

 

Threats from other nations about terms for potential deals.

 

Food crisis incoming

 

Government setting aside taxpayers money to shore up private business 

 

I’d say we were pretty broken.

Look on the bright side, at least we’ll have a new 50p brexit coin.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/11/sajid-javids-plan-to-flood-tills-with-brexit-50p-coins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Look on the bright side, at least we’ll have a new 50p brexit coin.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/11/sajid-javids-plan-to-flood-tills-with-brexit-50p-coins

Weapons grade.

 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/brexit-50p-coins-can-be-sharpened-and-thrown-at-the-rats-trying-to-steal-your-last-potato-20181029178799

 

Maybe Angel could use them to humanely kill us all a deer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Look on the bright side, at least we’ll have a new 50p brexit coin.

Which if we’re lucky, may even be worth as much as a dollar! 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

"Broken the country " lol. How can any democratic government on earth ever allow that to happen because of a referendum?

Put the sandwich board away and think of solutions to the "problems" ahead instead of ridiculing everyone who thinks that leaving is a good thing.

I am assuming you believe in a democratic society, therefore respect the majority decision and then do something to help turn it in your favour instead of accepting it and being a doomsayer.

Some of you guys seem to thrive on gloomy outlooks rather than thinking of ways to work within the framework of a democratic vote.

Just remember the three stages of a preconceived gloomy outlook i.e.Denial..Anger..Acceptance..

Most of you are in the Anger mode at the moment. However Acceptance will arrive on Halloween...Deal with it.

What us Remainers would really appreciate is a reasoned argument as to why any form of Brexit is of benefit in any way to our country.

The problems ahead ,and there will be many are the making of the right wing of the Conservative party,who have managed to stir up a frenzy of xenophobia with a mixture of lies and misinformation.

Let those who favour this self inflicted damage step forward and lead us disbelievers forward.

So far it is the  Brexiteers that have blocked a negotiated exit,and now we have to listen to them blaming the intransigence of the EU .

In our democracy we have no option but to accept a majority vote,but we all know that this majority vote includes many who never anticipated or supported a no deal scenario.

“Acceptance” of a reality will never mean that one must change their views

People do not change their political views the day after a general election.They just re group to fight another day.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RJRB said:

What us Remainers would really appreciate is a reasoned argument as to why any form of Brexit is of benefit in any way to our country.

The problems ahead ,and there will be many are the making of the right wing of the Conservative party,who have managed to stir up a frenzy of xenophobia with a mixture of lies and misinformation.

Let those who favour this self inflicted damage step forward and lead us disbelievers forward.

So far it is the  Brexiteers that have blocked a negotiated exit,and now we have to listen to them blaming the intransigence of the EU .

In our democracy we have no option but to accept a majority vote,but we all know that this majority vote includes many who never anticipated or supported a no deal scenario.

“Acceptance” of a reality will never mean that one must change their views

People do not change their political views the day after a general election.They just re group to fight another day.

 

 

 

On other forums I use, there is a facility to rate posts. 

 

It it is a shame that I can’t give this post the five gold stars that it deserves on here.

 

 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It was not a majority decision of the public as a whole, but a slight majority of those who chose to partake in a non binding referendum. It was also over three years ago and a lot has changed since then.

 

The referendum was respected they day after the vote, when the government pledged to take the UK out of the EU. The fact that this has proved very difficult largely due to it being an incredibly stupid idea without majority support has nothing really to do with the referendum. Apart from anything else, every credible poll since 2016 without exception has shown that the majority of British citizens wish to remain in the EU.

 

Now that we are in no doubt of the damage that will be done, it will be criminally negligent to press on with this ridiculous idea.

Same old same old untruths, believed only by the snowflakes.

 

Angel1

13 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m glad you’ve brought denial up. We have a government making plans to airlift food in to the country in the event of a no deal. 

 

Theres been umpteen reasons why brexit is a bad idea. It’s not project fear, these things are happening, right now. It’s not a “gloomy outlook”, or in Boris words not a case of not believing enough. Bad things, directly linked to brexit, are happening NOW. 

What are these "bad things happening now", you omit to state them. Just fear mongering again, food for the snowflakes.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Nah, my preferred weapon of choice,  Mauser .270 with set trigger, with home loaded rounds, very very accurate. Although at the time before I "retired" from the stalking scene I did have a multiple choice of rifles  .220 swift  .243 .25,06 .270 and .308 and of course .22rf for Rabbit. And 5 shotguns for clay shooting. Marvelous hobby's for almost 40 years.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Caroline Lucas has asked 10 female politicians from all parties to join her in forming an "emergency cabinet" in a bid to stop a no-deal Brexit.

 

She would then hope to form a "national unity government".

Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

 

Good old greens, guaranteed to give you a chuckle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Green MP Caroline Lucas calls for all-female emergency cabinet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49314840

 

Good old greens, guaranteed to give you a chuckle.

Never as big a chuckle, as good old Nigel can produce:

Quote

Nigel Farage, the leader of Britain’s Brexit Party, has lambasted Prince Harry and his American wife Meghan along with other members of the royal family in a speech in Australia, it emerged on Monday.

According to the Guardian, Mr Farage ridiculed the prince’s remarks last month that the couple only wanted two children because of the environmental impact, while he also described the Queen Mother, who died in 2002, as an “slightly overweight, chain-smoking gin drinker”.

(for anyone wondering, this is likely the start of the Bannon playbook's chapter, about how to handle the UK Monarchy's pivotal role in the upcoming UK constitutional crisis - can't call Lizzie and Charles traitors, without massaging public opinion about it a little bit beforehand)

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.