Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

The "Leave Alliance" view on no-deal/WTO:

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=128

"One can say, unequivocally, that the UK could not survive as a trading nation by relying on the WTO Option. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and no responsible government should allow it. The option should be rejected."

57 minutes ago, ads36 said:

I don't know about 'next', but leaving the EU is going be a massive kick in the nuts to science, research, and development.

Indeed...

When there are bread and milk shortages.. I expect the supermarkets will be innundated with people shouting "will of the people" :hihi:

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Radio 4 today introduced the possibility that there will be food rationing after no deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47470864

Lots of sentences I the report above containing a lot of 'Mights'; 'Maybes'; `Possibles' & `Could be's'? 

Still I'm sure that I'll still be able to buy my Pink Himalayan  salt to sprinkle on my Columbian quinoa, while sipping my Argentine Malbec. 

Failing that I'll eat British seasonal food. 

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Lots of sentences I the report above containing a lot of 'Mights'; 'Maybes'; `Possibles' & `Could be's'? 

Still I'm sure that I'll still be able to buy my Pink Himalayan  salt to sprinkle on my Columbian quinoa, while sipping my Argentine Malbec. 

This is coming from the government

1 hour ago, L00b said:

In a Parliamentary monarchy, I really don't see why you should hold your monarch to different, higher standards, than your elected representatives, collectively depositors of the realm's sovereignty, nor than your top level of government, composed of a subset of such elected representatives.

What is sauce for Johnson, Gove, Sajid, Pritty, Francois, Rees-Mogg, Hoey, Corbyn & Co, is sauce for Lizzie: no alternative required whatsoever :lol:

Perhaps because if there is no monarch there is no realm, you stick with Micron.

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

This is coming from the government

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Indeed...

When there are bread and milk shortages.. I expect the supermarkets will be innundated with people shouting "will of the people" :hihi:

It was just on the BBC lunchtime news that bacon shortages are probable.

16 minutes ago, altus said:

There's no shortage of gammon.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Perhaps because if there is no monarch there is no realm, you stick with Micron.

Thank you for agreeing with my counterpoint, that Lizzie doesn't need any alternative.

And I'll be very happy to see Macron refuse the UK an extension, so that the UK can finally implement the democratic wishes of its people, rest assured :twisted:

Feel free to blame him, the EU, remoaners, traitors, me, and anyone else the Express tells you to, for the consequences of your sovereign decision and course of action  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, altus said:

That may be more down to a severe pork supply shortage on a global scale, due to African swine fever outbreak in the far east (est.10 to 35% chinese porks affected!) 

But then, the falling £ ramping up agristuff transport costs in the UK, and the UK-side agri tariffs which a no deal-Brexit would introduce on Danish pork overnight, aren't going to help things much in that context, either.

Edited by L00b

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

Thank you for agreeing with my counterpoint, that Lizzie doesn't need any alternative.

And I'll be very happy to see Macron refuse the UK an extension, so that the UK can finally implement the democratic wishes of its people, rest assured :twisted:

Feel free to blame him, the EU, remoaners, traitors, me, and anyone else the Express tells you to, while you starve :thumbsup:

That may be more down to a severe pork supply shortage on a global scale, due to African swine fever outbreak in the far east (est.10 to 35% chinese porks affected!) 

But then, the falling £ ramping up agristuff transport costs in the UK, and the UK-side agri tariffs which a no deal-Brexit would introduce on Danish pork overnight, aren't going to help things much in that context, either.

I see no mention of African swine fever outbreak in the EU, best keep it quiet eh.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/african-swine-fever-in-pigs-in-poland-lithuania-and-latvia

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

I don't know about 'next', but leaving the EU is going be a massive kick in the nuts to science, research, and development.

Gunna be alot of very clever people stacking shelves in the local supermarket, while all the young graduates who don't have many family ties will be straight down the airport and on the nearest flight back to civilisation.

It's what we voted for tho right?

13 minutes ago, geared said:

Gunna be alot of very clever people stacking shelves in the local supermarket, 

Doubt it. They’ll all be off overseas to use their skills.

Leaving unpaid student loans as a reminder to the Brexiters of the talent that has scarpered

Edited by Pettytom