Jump to content


Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

 Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The vast majority of Labour voters throughout the country voted to remain in the EU and a General Election is a poll of ALL citizens eligible to vote, not just those in Sunderland and Barnsley.

 

Besides, you have already lost that argument as Labour is now well on the road to becoming a Remain Party.

I haven't lost any argument because I am not arguing in favour of the  Labour Party  not becoming a Remain Party.  All I have done is point out it would be a bad move for the  Labour Party  to become a Remain Party

 

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

We shall see.

 

(On both points)

 

However, it is interesting that you make so much of having changed your mind, yet you are so intolerant of others who change theirs.

That is hilarious.  When I voted in the 2016 Democratic EU referendum I expected our Government  to honour the democratic result. I haven't changed my mind because the result wasn't what I personally voted for or it wasn't the result the opinion  polls predicted. Just for clarification because you seem to be slow on the up  take,   I would have supported whatever the 2016 democratic EU referendum result delivered because I respect and support democracy.

 

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Only after Davis and Raab failed to deliver.

You're trying to rewrite history because  both Theresa May  and Oliver Robbins were given there positions before Davis and Raab were.  Davis and Raab both resigned  because they couldn't support Oliver Robbins and Theresa May policy regarding the implementation of Brexit.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

When I voted in the 2016 Democratic EU referendum I expected our Government  to honour the democratic result.

And you have been told a number of times that the ‘result’ was honoured the day after the vote, when David Cameron said that the UK would be leaving the EU.

 

The fact that we haven’t left is because it was a damaging, stupid idea which doesn’t have the support of either Parliament or the people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're trying to rewrite history because  both Theresa May  and Oliver Robbins were given there positions before Davis and Raab were. 

Nope, David Davis was in charge long before Robbins. Davis was useless and lazy... Robbins stepped in until Raab took over, and subsequently failed.

 

Quote

Davis and Raab both resigned  because they couldn't support Oliver Robbins and Theresa May policy regarding the implementation of Brexit.

Both resigned to save their backsides when it became obvious they had no chance of delivering on their promises... Mays policy a convenient out.. otherwise, who else could they blame?

 

Both were fully in  charge of Brexit Negotiations during their tenure, they were the ministers specifically charged with doing so!

 

That you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker... well, a lot like your "managed" no-deal and GATT24 notions, pure fantasy!

 

David Davis has spent just 4 hours in talks with Michel Barnier this year

https://www.ft.com/content/9e3aacf0-7b9c-11e8-bc55-50daf11b720d

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/olly-robbins-resign-left-brexit-negotiator-thersea-may-a8980981.html

He took charge of negotiations with the EU mid-way through talks, after then Brexit Secretary David Davis was sidelined due to lack of progress.

Edited by Magilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed experts in parcel delivery have a voice on the issue

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd/brexit-ready.jsp

 



Since the Brexit vote DPD has:
  • Formed a dedicated Brexit working group
  • Hired political affairs and customs experts
  • Lobbied the government to keep trade agreements
  • Worked with key departments - DiT, HMRC, HM Treasury - to have our say on behalf of our customers

What will DPD do next?

  • Remain fully engaged in the Brexit process
  • Ensure our interests are taken into account - no tariffs and free movement of goods
  • Publish regular updates to our customers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

 

 

That is hilarious.  When I voted in the 2016 Democratic EU referendum I expected our Government  to honour the democratic result. I haven't changed my mind because the result wasn't what I personally voted for or it wasn't the result the opinion  polls predicted. Just for clarification because you seem to be slow on the up  take,   I would have supported whatever the 2016 democratic EU referendum result delivered because I respect and support democracy.

 

 

You do understand that indulging in personal abuse does nothing to disguise your lack of an argument, dont you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And you have been told a number of times that the ‘result’ was honoured the day after the vote, when David Cameron said that the UK would be leaving the EU.

 

The fact that we haven’t left is because it was a damaging, stupid idea which doesn’t have the support of either Parliament or the people. 

 

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Nope, David Davis was in charge long before Robbins. Davis was useless and lazy... Robbins stepped in until Raab took over, and subsequently failed.

 

Both resigned to save their backsides when it became obvious they had no chance of delivering on their promises... Mays policy a convenient out.. otherwise, who else could they blame?

 

Both were fully in  charge of Brexit Negotiations during their tenure, they were the ministers specifically charged with doing so!

 

That you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker... well, a lot like your "managed" no-deal and GATT24 notions, pure fantasy!

 

David Davis has spent just 4 hours in talks with Michel Barnier this year

https://www.ft.com/content/9e3aacf0-7b9c-11e8-bc55-50daf11b720d

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/olly-robbins-resign-left-brexit-negotiator-thersea-may-a8980981.html

He took charge of negotiations with the EU mid-way through talks, after then Brexit Secretary David Davis was sidelined due to lack of progress.

 

26 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You do understand that indulging in personal abuse does nothing to disguise your lack of an argument, dont you.

 

32 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Just noticed experts in parcel delivery have a voice on the issue

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd/brexit-ready.jsp

 

 

 

All you posters who don't respect democracy are boring me now with your same old rhetoric.  I am going give the Sheffield Forum a break because I have a real life and will return on 1st November 2019 and then we will all be a lot more  knowledgeable about the consequences of Brexit.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

 

 

 

All you posters who don't respect democracy are boring me now with your same old rhetoric.  I am going give the Sheffield Forum a break because I have a real life and will return on 1st November 2019 and then we will all be a lot more  knowledgeable about the consequences of Brexit.

Big baby, tell me why what i posted is not respecting democracy? its experts in the field of parcel delivery that know that it will be bad for them and the industry post brexit, it will be harder, more time consuming and cost more.

If it costs more, less people may post things, they will get less money and job losses may occur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

All you posters who don't respect democracy are boring me now with your same old rhetoric.  I am going give the Sheffield Forum a break because I have a real life and will return on 1st November 2019 and then we will all be a lot more  knowledgeable about the consequences of Brexit.

Good, spend the time educating yourself... you desperately need it! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Good, spend the time educating yourself... you desperately need it! ;)

 

dont be daft, he'll be down the rabbit hole sucking in loads more nonsense and lies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, melthebell said:

dont be daft, he'll be down the rabbit hole sucking in loads more nonsense and lies

He’s got a general election and indyref2 to misunderstand first😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

and then we will all be a lot more  knowledgeable about the consequences of Brexit.

All be a lot more knowledgeable?

 

Speak for yourself. Most of the people posting on this thread have been very knowledgeable about the consequences of Brexit from way before the referendum was held.

 

It is only the handful of clowns that still don't get it who will need the wake up call. Hopefully the whole sorry mess will be cancelled by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X