Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

14 minutes ago, retep said:

I said expect the EU would kick Ireland to one side , 

and Ireland may wake up when it gets  it's bill after Brexit.

What bill is that?

How big will it be?

Will it be bigger than the UK’s “bill”?

6 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Have you find the link or reference to the study that showed typical leave voters have achieved very little in life yet?

Sorry for not letting it go, but I think claiming such a thing and then saying 'do you own research' isn't really good enough. 

This was discussed ages ago (during the first six months after the vote in 2016) and links may or may not been provided then.

I have no intention of digging up three year old statistics just as I have stopped linking to statistics showing that 65% of Labour voters voted to remain for idiot Brexiteers who think that the Leave vote being 65%  in Northern Labour areas is equivalent to 65% of Labour voters supporting Leave.

Profiles of ‘typical’ voters carried out in the wake of the referendum showed a number of commonalities within the ‘Leave’ group such as more likely to be above a certain age, more likely to be poorly educated, more likely to be racist, more likely to be unemployed, more likely to oppose immigration, more likely to get their news from facebook rather than a newspaper, more likely to read the Sun and the Mail than the Guardian and Independant, more likely to have ‘conservative’ views on social matters like gay rights, the death penalty and abortion and yes, more likely to have underachieved.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This was discussed ages ago (during the first six months after the vote in 2016) and links may or may not been provided then.

I have no intention of digging up three year old statistics just as I have stopped linking to statistics showing that 65% of Labour voters voted to remain for idiot Brexiteers who think that the Leave vote being 65%  in Northern Labour areas is equivalent to 65% of Labour voters supporting Leave.

Profiles of ‘typical’ voters carried out in the wake of the referendum showed a number of commonalities within the ‘Leave’ group such as more likely to be above a certain age, more likely to be poorly educated, more likely to be racist, more likely to be unemployed, more likely to oppose immigration, more likely to get their news from facebook rather than a newspaper, more likely to read the Sun and the Mail than the Guardian and Independant, more likely to have ‘conservative’ views on social matters like gay rights, the death penalty and abortion and yes, more likely to have underachieved.

Unsubstantiated twaddle, 1/10. Must try harder.

Angel1.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Unsubstantiated twaddle, 1/10. Must try harder.

😂 🤣 😂

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I thought so. 

I don't believe for a moment that any poll, profile or sociological study that has been produced since the referendum has claimed that, or provided evidence that, the 'typical leave voter has achieved very little in life'. I'm not surprised in the slightest that you're unable to provide a single example.

Yes, I have seen polls that showed commonalities with leave voters and things such as age, educational attainment, views on immigration, where they get their news from etc etc.. I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with achievement in life.   

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

You have to be joking. The Greeks were punished or given a good kicking the choice of words is the same. The EU knew the Greeks were not in a position to join the Euro but fudged the figures so they could be admitted then when it went belly up they imposed stringent terms on them if they wanted to remain. I’m pretty sure the Greek people thought they had been kicked by the EU.

Except, the EU didn't know "know the Greeks were not in a position to join the Euro but fudged the figures so they could be admitted": the Greeks had the books cooked for them by Price Waterhouse Cooper or another one of the Big 4 to misrepresent their public finances health to the EU during their Eurozone admission process. All over the news years ago and again as a timely reminder in 2015.

I'm pretty sure "the Greek people thought they had been kicked by the EU" in 2015. No differently to the Smiths thinking they've been kicked by the banks, when they get their house repo'd and declared bankrupt, after living it extra large on the pump to keep up with the Joneses.

You really need to inform yourself about the facts of the Greek crisis before its bailout, then about its resolution, instead of posting populist rubbish lifted wholesale from red tops.

Edited by L00b

It is odd that voting to stay in a trading block that discriminates against every majority non-whites country in the world isn't considered racist.

58 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What bill is that?

How big will it be?

Will it be bigger than the UK’s “bill”?

The one that it will be expected to pay when they don't have the UK to depend on,  all EU subs will be going up.

1 hour ago, retep said:

I said expect the EU would kick Ireland to one side , 

and Ireland may wake up when it gets  it's bill after Brexit.

I know what you said. You still haven't explained why you said what you said.

Why would the EU kick Ireland to one side? Third time I've asked.

Edited by L00b

7 minutes ago, L00b said:

Except, the EU didn't know "know the Greeks were not in a position to join the Euro but fudged the figures so they could be admitted": the Greeks had the books cooked for them by Price Waterhouse Cooper or another one of the Big 4 to misrepresent their public finances health to the EU during their Eurozone admission process. All over the news years ago and again as a timely reminder in 2015.

I'm pretty sure "the Greek people thought they had been kicked by the EU" in 2015. No differently to the Smiths thinking they've been kicked by the banks, when they get their house repo'd and declared bankrupt, after living it extra large on the pump to keep up with the Joneses.

You really need to inform yourself about the facts of the Greek crisis before its bailout, then about its resolution, instead of posting populist rubbish lifted wholesale from red tops.

The Greeks may have cook the books but the EU has some top banks and economists advising them. I’m sure they knew what the real state or near enough of the Greek economy cooked books and all still they chose to turn a blind eye for some reason.

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

I know what you said. You still haven't explained why you said what you said.

Why would the EU kick Ireland to one side? Third time I've asked.

They will be no longer needed as a bargaining tool, but will be  expected to pay a bigger share, the penny will drop eventually to them.

20 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I don't believe for a moment that any poll, profile or sociological study that has been produced since the referendum has claimed that, or provided evidence that, the 'typical leave voter has achieved very little in life'.

Nobody has ever claimed that any had especially as no two ‘Leave’ voters are the same but they certainly do have many things in common.

1 minute ago, retep said:

They will be no longer needed as a bargaining tool

A bargaining tool by who, for what?