Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

34 minutes ago, minertone said:

from the Romans, Angles,Saxons,Vikings, then the French (under William, the horse-chestnutter), our destiny has been shaped by Europe.

we'd still be barbarians without their influence. Mind u looking at recent Tommy Robinson protests thats what they want and are

This whole sorry mess is about one thing only.

That is keeping the ruling class in power and it becomes increasingly apparent that they are not particularly concerned about the general population,including those who were suckered into voting for Brexit.

I detest Farage but he skilfully fanned the flames of racism and nationalism to such an extent that the right wing Tories were able to emerge as the dominant force.

Boris has seen that May was unable to exert any control over them and he now has to do their bidding.

There will be a backlash as the numerous negatives become evident,but by then much damage will have been done.

Regrettably,I don’t look to Corbyn as any sort of saviour,but rather to the middle ground of all parties to act in the interest of our population.

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That'll not bother any of the unemployed remoaning losers who spend all day on here.

2 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

That'll not bother any of the unemployed remoaning losers who spend all day on here.

Us workers should be worried though, surely?

3 hours ago, minertone said:

from the Romans, Angles,Saxons,Vikings, then the French (under William, the horse-chestnutter), our destiny has been shaped by Europe.

We learnt from their mistakes.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Us workers should be worried though, surely?

Possibly, but I've just seen another thread on here about what advice you'd give yourself aged 18,. I haven't contributed to it but if I did I would say don't stop in any job you're not happy in.

I was older then that before I realised it, then I was much happier when I started doing it and left jobs taking a cut in pay sometimes.

never mind, we'll be able to sell more lamb to japan! - by taking advantage of the new and exciting trading conditions that will be exactly the same as they are now, hopefully.

Edited by ads36

So just read that Johnsons ready to throw the union under the bus to satisfy 160.000 hard line tories :(

2 hours ago, gomgeg said:

What about those of us who are employers and “remoaners” ?

What a childish term that is. Shows the calibre  of the leavers who use it.

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, ads36 said:

never mind, we'll be able to sell more lamb to japan! - by taking advantage of the new and exciting trading conditions that will be exactly the same as they are now, hopefully.

Japanese don't eat lamb generally, and Japan has joined Canada, Turkey, Australia <etc> in refusing to rollover the existing arrangements for the UK post-Brexit.

So, no.

24 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What a childish term that is. Shows the calibration of the leavers who use it.

I think you mean calibre, which also says something about yours given the above!