Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're record is stuck.   More people voted to leave the EU than have voted for either the Tory or Labour Party during the last fifty years in any General Election.

That is completely irrelevant.

People who want to leave the EU are a minority in the UK today and were a minority in 2016.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

People who want to leave the EU are a minority in the UK today and were a minority in 2016.

The people who voted to leave the EU were in the majority of all who voted in the 2016 democratic EU referendum and that is all that is truly relevant, if like me you respect  democracy.  Carry on cherry-picking  whatever statistics give you comfort, if it helps your delusional interpretation of the 2016 democratic EU referendum result. 

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Have you taken up mind reading now? suppose you've binned the Abbotcus.

33 minutes ago, retep said:

Perhaps this may,

Who on earth is Peter Oborne?

48 minutes ago, retep said:

Perhaps this may,

Hi Retep.

It is lovely of you to try, but I’m not sure that you understood the issue.

I was asking for some proof that there was a widespread notion in the 90s that not joining the Euro would be bad for the UK.

You gave me a tedious film of Brexity Peter Oborne talking about a tedious book after what appears to be an afternoon on the cooking sherry.

I’m not sure how that is relevant.

Psst: Take a look at Oborne’s latest writing about Brexit 😀 He’s probably not the right witness for you to choose.

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who on earth is Peter Oborne?

He’s a rather dull journalist who was a passionate Brexiter.

He’s now a prime example of the many who have changed their minds.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Psst: Take a look at Oborne’s latest writing about Brexit 😀 He’s probably not the right witness for you to choose.

He’s a rather dull journalist who was a passionate Brexiter.

He’s now a prime example of the many who have changed their minds.

Link so people don't have to look for it.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

Hi Retep.

It is lovely of you to try, but I’m not sure that you understood the issue.

I was asking for some proof that there was a widespread notion in the 90s that not joining the Euro would be bad for the UK.

You gave me a tedious film of Brexity Peter Oborne talking about a tedious book after what appears to be an afternoon on the cooking sherry.

I’m not sure how that is relevant.

Because he doesn't conform to your thinking

2 minutes ago, retep said:

No.

Because he does on many issues. Including two of the most important; Brexit and Cricket.

32 minutes ago, retep said:

No, because you used it to back up Lockdoctor's ludicrous claim that everyone was saying that if we didn’t join the €uro it would be a disaster. 

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, because you used it to back up Lockdoctor's ludicrous claim that everyone was saying that if we didn’t join the €uro it would be a disaster. 

I think that Retep is still confused by the fact that the leaver that he chose as evidence, has turned into a remainer.

One of many😀

Oh the irony!

Despite all the attempts to crawl up to Trump, Jeremy Hunt is having to go to Europe to sort out protection for shipping in the gulf, after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells Britain to do one.

47 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh the irony!

Despite all the attempts to crawl up to Trump, Jeremy Hunt is having to go to Europe to sort out protection for shipping in the gulf, after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells Britain to do one.

Indeed, so Hunt goes cap in hand to... the EU ;)

https://www.theweek.co.uk/102362/is-the-royal-navy-too-small-to-deal-with-iranian-threat