Jump to content

Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

 Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sigh, i stopped reading at undemocratic.....how can it be undemocratic if you choose to join the EU (and take on board their rules?) or how is it undemocratic when you can choose NOT to accept it and keep your own form of currency like we did?

It's in the lefty's favourite paper it must be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, retep said:

It's in the lefty's favourite paper it must be true.

Why?

 

Mel's an anarchist anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Longcol said:

“If they could use hand-knitted computer code to make a frictionless re-entry to Earth’s atmosphere in 1969, we can solve the problem of frictionless trade at the Northern Irish border,”

Lol, the clown can’t even get that right.

 

The fact that the command module’s heat shield reached 5000 degrees Fahrenheit suggests that the re entry was far from frictionless!  😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, retep said:

Seems about right,

 

"Economic policy

Britain and the euro: what if we'd joined?"

https://www.theguardian.com/business/economics-blog/2013/jun/02/britain-euro-what-if-joined

It was one of Gordon Brown's better decisions.  It was certainly much better than selling off most of the UK's gold when the price of gold was very low.

 

33 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Was there? 

 

I cant remember any.

 

Could  you possibly refresh my memory?

You need to see your Doctor if you have memory problems.  I can't help you because I am not a Doctor in medicine and can only help people who have lost their keys and not their memory.   Can you remember more recently when George Osborne stated there would be an emergency budget immediately,  if the democratic UK people voted to leave the EU?   There wasn't an emergency budget immediately after the democratic 2016 EU referendum result which you may or may not remember because many people who don't respect the democratic EU referendum result seem to have selective memory problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Why?

 

Mel's an anarchist anyway.

Then he needs to know the meaning,

 

"Definition of anarchist

1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power

2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy,  especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, retep said:

Then he needs to know the meaning,

 

"Definition of anarchist

1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power

2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy,  especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order"

Good grief, does that mean that to satisfy  no1 they wouldn't believe in drawing benefits? That would throw a bit of a spanner in the works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Was there? 

 

I cant remember any.

 

Could  you possibly refresh my memory?

Hilarious to watch lockdoctor attempt to dodge this question.  He's made an assertion about scaremongering surrounding not joining the euro, but can't provide any evidence that it actually happened.

He then swiftly answers another question that nobody asked, and hopes that we'll forget what he said.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Nothing bad also didn't happen after the UK didn't sign up to the Euro currency.  At the time there was a lot of scaremongering predicting doom and gloom if our country didn't adopt the Euro and do away with our own Pound.

Can you support your statement with any evidence that this actually happened?  I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Cyclone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Hilarious to watch lockdoctor attempt to dodge this question.  He's made an assertion about scaremongering surrounding not joining the euro, but can't provide any evidence that it actually happened.

Didn’t he also claim that we were told that the UK economy would collapse on the announcement of a leave vote in 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, retep said:

It's in the lefty's favourite paper it must be true.

i dont care what paper its in, why is it undemocratic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

 

 

You need to see your Doctor if you have memory problems.  I can't help you because I am not a Doctor in medicine and can only help people who have lost their keys and not their memory.   Can you remember more recently when George Osborne stated there would be an emergency budget immediately,  if the democratic UK people voted to leave the EU?   There wasn't an emergency budget immediately after the democratic 2016 EU referendum result which you may or may not remember because many people who don't respect the democratic EU referendum result seem to have selective memory problems.

Which is all very beautiful.

 

Now that you've answered a question that I didn't ask, how about answering the one that I did ask. You know, the one about predictions of economic meltdown if we didn't join the Euro. From my (rather good memory), I seem to recall that all the talk was in the opposite direction. So, I'm looking forward to you setting me right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

It was one of Gordon Brown's better decisions.  It was certainly much better than selling off most of the UK's gold when the price of gold was very low.

 

You need to see your Doctor if you have memory problems.  I can't help you because I am not a Doctor in medicine and can only help people who have lost their keys and not their memory.   Can you remember more recently when George Osborne stated there would be an emergency budget immediately,  if the democratic UK people voted to leave the EU?   There wasn't an emergency budget immediately after the democratic 2016 EU referendum result which you may or may not remember because many people who don't respect the democratic EU referendum result seem to have selective memory problems.

Hey, I do remember that emergency budget prediction by Osbourne before the referendum.

 

But I also remember Mark Carney insta-pumping £70bn’s worth of further QE money between the referendum result and mid-August 2016, plus an interest rate cut to 0.25%.

 

Now, since you’re not afflicted with one of those ‘selective memories’, I’m sure you remember those too?

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

Hilarious to watch lockdoctor attempt to dodge this question.  He's made an assertion about scaremongering surrounding not joining the euro, but can't provide any evidence that it actually happened.

He then swiftly answers another question that nobody asked, and hopes that we'll forget what he said.

Can you support your statement with any evidence that this actually happened?  I won't hold my breath.

I don't need support anything to back up my memory.  At the time there was loads of ample coverage about the negatives consequences the UK would suffer if the UK didn't adopt the EU.  At the time I didn't record episodes of Question Time or cut out newspapers clippings to record all the negativity at the time about the UK not joining the EU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.